What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favoirte quotes from our members.

joossa

Aklys
This might be a dumb idea, but does anyone want to share any favorite or memorable quote(s) stated by our fellow forum mates?

These are some of my favorites:
The only reason I mist my VFTs, is to look busy so I won't get stuck doing something else, like taking out the trash.

Heh.. "mauled buttocks".. looks like that gator was trying to get a little crack himself.

I think you should kill it just to be on the safe side.

It's like cheesecake. We can survive without cheesecake, but it sure is a lot less fun!

A plant under 30 watts is like trying to get a suntan by candelight :)

You're still using a mom in your greenhouse? Moms are totally outdated. You should replace her with a thermostat instead. :p

Good times!

I think its been done before, but some good quote's none the less!

I like the one from JLAP. ANy more?

Woot, I made the list!
~Joe

Man, how fun. I'll have to remember some of the ones I've seen. How did you go back and find all those? Just search or do you keep a list? lol.

xvart.

Thats great Joosa. I have to say the ones you posted are pretty good. My personal 2 favorites, not counting any of my own, I would have to say both come from BCK....

The only reason I mist my VFTs, is to look busy so I won't get stuck doing something else, like taking out the trash.

And...
All I want is less to do, more time to do it, and higher pay for not getting it done.

My favorite quote... pretty much anything by Bruce.

Man, how fun. I'll have to remember some of the ones I've seen. How did you go back and find all those? Just search or do you keep a list? lol.

xvart.
No, I don’t keep a list. To me, some posts just stick out too well… I guess I’m good at remembering these types of things. I had to do some searching to find them though. I have some more in mind, but I’ll have to look for them tomorrow.

gotta love the OLD TF chatroom quotes... sundewd's "do da bang bang boogie!", me accidentally calling finch "funch" (which became my name for him ever since), & somebody (i dont remember who) accidentally calling jimscott "jimscotscoot" (which also became my name for him ever since).

"It's a 'D. roundandstickia'". (Tamlin Dawnstar) when describing a sundew that isn't clear.

If I had asymmetrical misshapen wrinkly folds of skin with knobs poking out and deformed limbs, I'd be deformed, not "crested".

Indeed.

xvart.

^I laughed when I read that one earlier. :)

^I laughed when I read that one earlier. :)

Yeah, your comment about putting it in your signature made me think of this thread. Hope I didn't steal your thunder! lol.

xvart.

I didn't ask if I could use it as my sig. Someone else did. Time to go and reread the topic, xvart. :)

I didn't ask if I could use it as my sig. Someone else did. Time to go and reread the topic, xvart. :)

Whoops! lol. It's been a long day... I guess I shouldn't be worried about stealing your thunder then!

xvart.

Back