What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I found a guinea pig!

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
I was outside in my backyard with my dog, when I heard some thrashing going on IN MY POND! I thought one of the big bull frogs we have in there was being attacked! When I went to see what was going on I saw a GUINEA PIG drowning in my pond! I was shocked! I had to save him of course, so I got my large net and scooped him out of there. He was SQUEELING like crazy. I brought him in and calmed him down and dried him off. He was really worked up at first, but now he's letting me hold him very nicely. I don't know if someone lost him or if he was deliberatly let loose. Here's a pic of him. He's a really nice chocolate brown with reddish eyes.

Guineapig.jpg

Wow, great job on saving him, just in time. I would check with your neighbors first, maybe it escaped out of someones cage or something.

Just looks like a typical black Mt. Dora rat to me - but hey keep him as a pet if you want!

Jayson16- Yeah I'm going to make sure no one lost him before I keep him for myself.

Buster, you're bad :p And it's a chocolate Mt. Dora rat ;)

are you gonna keep mr. chocolate guinea if no one claims him?

Cavies are cool, particularly the gweek-gweek-gweek grunting noise they make. They're especially good ro... er, just don't ask too many questions at meal time in a Quechua household in Peru.

Have you ever had Cuyes en salsa de mani? Just kidding. You might want to see if your local paper runs free found ads. Many do and they may help you find the real owner if there is one.

Oh man they are cute. I had one once. Never again lol. Endless noise noise noise noise!

They are really adorable, even if their noise is annoying lol.

They are cute! An interesting find for sure. How has it been behaving with the gliders?

xvart.

you are so lucky (and so is the guinea pig, under the circumstances). i've always wanted one.

They make great garbage disposals. It'll eat pretty much anything made out of plants. Carrots and apples are favorites...

He hasn't been introduced to the gliders, lol, probably never will be :p He ate last night, I gave him some carrots and celery (that's all I had). I just spent about an hour knocking on doors asking if anyone had lost a guinea pig. I got some weird looks, lol. I also made a few posters for people to call if they lost their little piggy, so they'll have to call and describe him to me. I'd love to keep him if no one claims him, Jeff already said OK so that's good :-D I'm just not allowed anymore pets after this, lol. I was petting him last night and he started purring :-D

Guineapig001.jpg

Guineapig002.jpg

Guineapig003.jpg

See how friendly he is :-D

Guinea pigs loves potatoes, carrots and onions. Oh wait I said that wrong, I meant to say I love guinea pigs with potatoes,carrots and onions.

Yum yum

Guinea pigs loves potatoes, carrots and onions. Oh wait I said that wrong, I meant to say I love guinea pigs with potatoes,carrots and onions.

Yum yum

To each their own.

i bet whoever's lost him is heartbroken

haha oh yeah I forgot. They've got 4 toes in the front, and only 3 in the back. I always thought that was weird. Love these guys...

SO cute!!!!! lol i would definitely get one for myself if i didn't have a minor obsession with ferrets ;) (someday.... someday.)

heheh it reminds me of one day at work a few years ago, the receptionist's Boxer had caught, of all things, a chinchilla in the backyard. the lil guy was actually totally unharmed , we kept him for a few weeks and put out notices and such but i think we ended up adopting him out. quite unusual :)

haha oh yeah I forgot. They've got 4 toes in the front, and only 3 in the back. I always thought that was weird. Love these guys...

I never knew that. How interesting. Nikki, have you given him or her a temporary name? Very cute creature you found.

xvart.

It's cute! :-D

I love Guinea Pigs!

It reminds me of my sisters old piggy named Snowdrop...

...What are you gonna name it?

Yup we have named him. Tanger :) Since we live in Tangerine and that's where he ended up :) I have put up posters and went door to door today but no luck. Someone may have just let him go. I just clipped his nails, it only took a minute! He's such a good little guy :-D That's a neat story about the chinchilla moonflower!

Back