Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny E-mail scams

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny E-mail scams

Lmao. What is your favorite E-mail scam? I just got this and I wonder if anyone falls for something this stupid.

Dear Beloved ,

GOD BLESS YOU,I am Mrs. Rose Smith. I am married to Dr.H Smith who worked with a construction company in Asia for twenty Years before he died in the tsunami disasters, we were married but without Any children.Since his death I decided not to re-marry and presently I am 67 Years old.

When my late husband was Alive he deposited the sum of $4.2M. (Four Million two Hundred Thousand U.S. Dollars) with a Security Company.Presently this money is still with the Security Company and the management just Wrote me as the beneficiary to come forward to receive the money or rather Issue a letter of authorization to somebody to receive it on my behalf if I cannot come over.

I am presently in a hospital where I have been undergoing treatment Cancer of the lungs in a hospital,I have since lost my ability to talk and my doctors have told me that I have only a few months to Live. I want a person that is trustworthy that will utilize 90% of this money to churches,orphanages and widows around the world but in my name Mrs. Rose Smith As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the Security Company.

I will also issue you a letter of authority that will prove you as the new beneficiary of this fund.Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated here and Keep this contact confidential till such a time this funds get to your Custody, this is to ensure that nothing jeopardizes my last wish on Earth. I await your urgent reply.

Regards

Mother Rose Smith

It's kind of sad that someone would pose as an old woman with cancer who lost her hubby in the tsunami.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wierd that they sent that to you... I replied 3 weeks ago that I'd do it, but have yet to get further details. Poor Mrs. Smith

-Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With all the people on the internet the answer to how many would fall for it, would probably be shocking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One where they tried to snatch my paypal password. I almost fell for it, too. But Firefox saved me. *hugs Firefox*

Usually, my Email is just clogged with it's 17,500 unread emails. Maybe I should just get a new account.
    - NeciFiX

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
    Wierd that they sent that to you... I replied 3 weeks ago that I'd do it, but have yet to get further details.
    That's because I must have beat you guys to it. I got my money just a few days ago. I'm rich! Neener neener!

Quote Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
    Poor Mrs. Smith
    Yeah it's a crying shame.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    17,500 unread emails

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeciFiX View Post
    One where they tried to snatch my paypal password. I almost fell for it, too. But Firefox saved me. *hugs Firefox*
    What was this one? Was it one where they sent you a paypal looking email and asked you to verify the authenticity or something like that?

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They said someone had used it, I checked my paypal and there was no record. Obviously a keylogger sent to me or something.

Yes, 17,500 unread emails. You want screenshot proof? I get Hooters (sometimes fun to look at, rawr, LOL!), Restaurants, Dying People, John Edwards (Dammit), and some others. Oh, and viagara.
    - NeciFiX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast