Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What can you grow well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What can you grow well?

For CP's I mean,

I mean, some people LOVE a specific genus but can't grow it if their life depended on it. I seem to be a pretty good Sarracenia grower, one of my plants has about 8-10 new pitchers coming in, another has one. All my Dionaea are living, but must be in poor shape as none of the traps work (now in the sun though woohoo!) I also seem to suck at growing Drosera, my D. capensis has a little dew on it's new leaves and two flower stalks, but that's it. On the other hand, my P. John Rizzi is constantly pumping out new leaves (I had one that was just about to lay out and open right before I went to school, 7 hours later, it was almost done!), I've even had a ping flower in about two weeks after receiving it, of course, this ping was my primuliflora, but succumbed to a moss attack and died I believe, darn. I can grow Nepenthes ok, they LOVE sending out trillions of leaves, but 0 pitchers. Grr. On the other hand, my Cephalotus seems the least of my troubles. I am very good with watering when it comes to keeping the media drier and wetter. It's moist, but not damp on the surface. It's caught plenty of bugs.

So what do you suck at growing, and what is your profession? Share here.

I believe I read "Justlikeanumber" or something post that he sucked at Dionaea but was good at Sarras, so it gave me the idea for this topic.
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, being from western Oregon I grow Darlingtonia pretty well ( actualy more like weeds ) and Sarracenia grows real well. I can't seem to keep D. angelic though . VFT's are okay if you don't let aphids suck the life out of them. Jack
    'Celebrate the birth of our nation by blowing a little piece of it up'.The Simpsons.
    My grow list ~http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=107403

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    was it justlikeapill or not a number? I think you combined the two. lol
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed. Justlikephil.
    - NeciFiX

Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life! neon-eon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, great question. Well I have the honor of saying that I did not kill my first CP, which was a Venus fly trap...but it wasn't that I was "good" at growing them, rather I sensed that there was something more to growing a VFT than what it said on the package. So that's really more of a factor of using the Google and living in Oregon lol. I still have my first Ceph which I got in December, and it's doing nicely. I've heard many people kill a few of those before they get it right. My Adelea (spelling?) is very dewy, and in most pictures I see of them, they look a little dew deprived. I tried to grow a Darlingtonia in my room..here's a piece of advice, "don't do that." Yeah, ever since it died I've been a little reluctant about getting another one. I also bought a sickly green Sarracenia purpurea. I put it outside, and it's starting to turn its natural color now. So I guess I could say that my profession isn't really a particular plant, rather it's having a good overall "grower's sense"
    -No matter what you do with your life, I still care about you. -Mr P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the only plants I have are neps, so I guess I have a knack for nep. I am ok with droseras and vfts, but I suck with dormancy. They grow fine all year round and when dormancy comes, bam they are dead .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Indeed. Justlikephil.
    Just like HoustonHerp will always be "Nike" since my typo one fateful day, Cliny, you will now be Phil.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first plants, a very very sick poorly cared Ping Primuliflora growed great until it died from mold. Since then, only I've killed that Ping, and one Nepenthes which died and rotted to it's core.
    - NeciFiX

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast