Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two new additions

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well I'm no expert but it may be the proximity to the light that is th eproblem. may want to try backing off a bit and see how it goes after about a week or two. my lights are about 20" off my plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bellerophon
    well I'm no expert but it may be the proximity to the light that is the problem. may want to try backing off a bit and see how it goes after about a week or two. my lights are about 20" off my plants
    I was thinking the same thing. My adelae in in my terrarium with about 18" between the lights and plants, than again the humidity is also a constant 95%. Any your plants look great.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate to inform you of this, and of course I could be wrong, but I believe that you just bought poached plants.

Those plants look very similar to ones that a poacher in NC sales.

If you can will you please send me the name and address of the place that you bought them? I'd like to confirm what I suspect and send them a letter asking them to not make anymore purchases from this person.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    I hate to inform you of this, and of course I could be wrong, but I believe that you just bought poached plants.

Those plants look very similar to ones that a poacher in NC sales.

If you can will you please send me the name and address of the place that you bought them? I'd like to confirm what I suspect and send them a letter asking them to not make anymore purchases from this person.
    I'd be glad to post where I purchased the plants but I'm much more interested in why you've come to this conclusion.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozzy is probably right. The red pot is a "red flag", though of course you can't say its a certainty. The place we are thinking of absolutely field collects because they admit it. I had some email exchanges with them in the past. They see nothing wrong with what they are doing.

Of course, the nursery would need to confirm where they buy their plants to know if the same place for sure.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting. I'd be surprised if this place was knowingly buying poached plants.

http://www.homesteadgardens.com/

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=e...47&t=k&iwloc=I

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it's their property. I mean.. it's not poaching if it's legal. Doesn't make it ethical but it's not illegal.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not one thing that makes me think these are from flytrap farms. It's a lot of things.

I used to buy hundreds of plants from him to sell, so I know his product.

First it's the red pot. If you look on the bottom of it, I'll bet it was made in Cleveland Oh.
    Also I'm sure it had a clear plastic cup taped on. It had a white cup top that would normally go on Styrofoam coffee cups that has a hole cut in the middle to let the plant through but it'll keep the plant from becoming unpotted during shipping. Of course the store you bought it from could have removed all of that.

The sticker on the side also is exactly the same as he used.

The soil that he uses is 100% peat moss.

The plant is about the same size that he ships them at. He gets them from the wild treats them with root hormones to stimulates fast growth. He then grows them in a green house not only under full sun but with metal halide lights. The traps are deep red, as you would expect with that much light.

All this added up makes me believe that these plants are from Flytrap Farms.

Just because the word farm is in their name does not mean they grow the plants on their property. I know for a fact they get the plants from the wild.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast