Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Two new additions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    darn...i bought a VFT a while a go...like january 06 and it was the exact same as you described Ozzy...
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I just looked on their website and guess what, they sell Dana's delight.

You can't ignore all of these facts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but...Dana's Delight is...a cultivar. its not like there is a stable population going around. or are you just trying to say that they sell DD and therefore supporting the possibility that they are from the same place.
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have a big green house, so they do grow and sell some plants that are not from the wild. But that doesn't change the fact that they do see poached plants. I would rather give my money to somebody that does not take plants from the wild.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been to the web site in a while, but last time I did...I noticed that several of the plants they sell (including pinguicula) are native to that location of NC. That was an interesting observation. I wrote to them (year or so ago) because I noticed, unlike most CP nurseries, they do not display a disclaimer that the plants are not wild collected.

I know for a fact they take wild collected plants. They told me so. Like Ozzy said, not ALL their stock is wild collected, but some of it is. They pay what they call "flytrap farmers" to collect the plants. They claim they have a permit (which maybe they do) BUT the fact is, they have no idea where these "farmers" are getting the plants. There is no way to determine what is collected by permit and what is not. They might collect in the Green Swamp and they might collect on private property...who knows. I was told these farmers have a made a living this way for generations and it provides income to families.

I say...start growing all the plants ethically via TC and hire those "farmers" to work at the nursery. I'm sure they aren't paying those poor people **** for the plants they collect.

If your local nursery sells flytraps in red pots, ask them who their vendor is. If its Flytrap Farm, complain and say they aren't an ethical company.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123