What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your annoyances or peeves

Oh glider so copied my edit-about-double-post idea.

heck i forgot half of this thread. haha

-memory loss
Alex

Gilder,I think he is from CPUK.
I hang around there alot but can't
name a user name of the top of my head.

Another thing that annoys me is flavored water. Like the kind I'm drinking now.

"Enhanced with Minerals for Taste"

Look, if people are too fat in America to drink something that doesn't have taste then they should just die of a heart attack. IT'S. WATER. It's not pure if you need to put some little minerals in it so people will drink it. It's extremely annoying.

No. RO/distilled water tastes bad and flat. Mineral water tastes good.

I like the flavored power water. Strawberry water rocks.

Whatever, why not just drink plain water? And yes, Distilled water tastes flat, but, is the most healthiest.

Ironically, I'm drinking the same water as before.

... What are you talking about? RO reconstituted with minerals is healthier than plain RO/distilled.... Do you not take vitamins and know we need minerals like Magnesium and Calcium, among many many others?

Uh...

You can just eat some food to get calcium and magnesium, so, why do people need enhanced water?

Uh...

I guess you can just eat food to get all of this, too then? No need for supplemental vitamins right? I hope you're hungry! This is the contents of one Centrum daily multivitamin. People like water that doesn't taste like it's been sitting in a bucket for a week. It tastes good and it's good for you so people buy it, and there's no room for enough food to get the following if we want out big macs, too.

Vitamin A 3500 IU (29% as Beta Carotene) 70%
Vitamin C 60 mg 100%
Vitamin D 400 IU 100%
Vitamin E 30 IU 100%
Vitamin K 25 mcg 31%
Thiamin 1.5 mg 100%
Riboflavin 1.7 mg 100%
Niacin 20 mg 100%
Vitamin B6 2 mg 100%
Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%
Vitamin B12 6 mcg 100%
Biotin 30 mcg 10%
Pantothenic Acid 10 mg 100%
Calcium 162 mg 16%
Iron 18 mg 100%
Phosphorus 109 mg 11%
Iodine 150 mcg 100%
Magnesium 100 mg 25%
Zinc 15 mg 100%
Selenium 20 mcg 29%
Copper 2 mg 100%
Manganese 2 mg 100%
Chromium 120 mcg 100%
Molybdenum 75 mcg 100%
Chloride 72 mg 2%
Potassium 80 mg 2%
Boron 150 mcg
Nickel 5 mcg
Silicon 2 mg
Tin 10 mcg
Vanadium 10 mcg
Lutein 250 mcg
Lycopene 300 mcg

Molybdenum 75 mcg 100%
i thought molybdenum was radioactive... what does do for out body?
Alex

I take one daily vitamin, but, that's it.

Still, strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, raspberry, who cares type of water can be unhealthy.

Plain water is fine.

(P.S. If they actually made chocolate water then I'm scared.)

thought molybdenum was radioactive... what does do for out body

Google molybdenum... its not radioactive, for one, and tells what it does for us also.

Whatever, why not just drink plain water? And yes, Distilled water tastes flat, but, is the most healthiest.

Ironically, I'm drinking the same water as before.

Distilled water takes minerals away from your body when you drink it. ??? So its bad for u.

Molybdenum is not good to breathe in but other than that...

i swallow like 6 pills a day for vitamins, idk wtf they are, i just know they're multivitamins & my g-dad puts them all together... i knock em back all at once, lmao.. they're pretty big too. *proud of self*

Distilled water takes minerals away from your body when you drink it.
I've seen this statement a couple of times and it sounded hoakey to me so I tried googling the phrase and only came up with this topic. So I tried ask.com (Is it safe to drink distilled water) and got a bunch of hits, most of which considered this an urban myth (to phrase it politely). I tried asking if RO water was safe to drink and got a butt load of RO vendors but no pro/con info on drinking it.

One of the pages I was refered to (Distilled Water) starts with this:
"No, in fact, just the opposite has been found to occur in cellular research studies. It is a mistaken belief that drinking pure distilled water reduces valuable minerals from living human tissues."

And to I stay on topic: a peeve of mine is the use of the wrong words on the forum. For example "loose" instead of "lose" or "dose" instead of "does".

I've seen this statement a couple of times and it sounded hoakey to me so I tried googling the phrase and only came up with this topic. So I tried ask.com (Is it safe to drink distilled water) and got a bunch of hits, most of which considered this an urban myth (to phrase it politely).

Sounds like a job for the Mythbusters!

xvart.

Back