What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

www.flytrapshop.com now open :)

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
As you all should know by now, I purchased these forums from Phil in hopes of opening my own store. Well, it is now open and has had a few orders placed so it seems all is working. But it is still new, so please let me know if you experience any errors. There are only a few discounts left using code thks4test for 15% off product. Thanks to those of you that happened to find my store and placed an order or specifically contacted me recently to see if it was open yet and helped me by placing orders mainly for the sake of helping me test (and hopefully to soon enjoy those plants ;-) )

My store right now is VERY basic items, but more to be added. I just didn't wanna start off with too much selection since I'm trying to get the hang of the software and such.

Thanks again to everyone that makes this forum great! And hopefully my store will soon be able to support the costs of it instead of me :)

www.flytrapshop.com
You can email me at terraforums@comcast.net with any questions.
Andrew

Sweetness! I will check it out now! How good does it feel to make it this far?

xvart.

Actually I'm still kinda scarred :) lol Hopefully that wears off soon.

When I first saw the title of the thread was a website and then noticed that you were the last person to post I was like "uh oh... not again. At least Andrew is already on top of getting this website squashed!" lol.

xvart.

Wow I wasn't expecting you to announce it so soon!

Congrats! :D

Yah, I'm waiting for the "You can't advertise here." posts hehe

So soon? It was announced here I owned the forums in Jan (although I owned it for months before that) and actually have had my business license for a few months (since Feb I think). The store has been "open" for about 3 weeks.

Who drew the picture to the right of the main banner at the top?

xvart.

My brother. But PAK is supposed to be computer creating one to replace it... Instead of having a drawing. That drawing was just the "idea" but PAK is "busy" (yah right) hahaha jking SUSAN!

So soon as in.. since you got the site up and running. It hasn't been any longer than a month has it?

It's been open a month.. but the store has been set up, functional and "testing" for a month or 2 before that. Under a different URL though ;-)

haha- I don't know about "sneaky" but supposedly the store software is compatible with quick books... Well, lets just say that is debatable... That's where most of the problem has been. Not with the actual store or anything... I change one error in product description in the store, and quick books gets all confused :p

So that's what quickbooks is for, huh?

Sounds like a pain. :/

yah, pretty unnessasary. but I have a bud that works for their customer support... and I got the software for basically nothing... it keeps track of accounting stuff. So with a few clicks you can see all types of reports and stuff... pretty "frilly". It'd be cool if it worked so i'll try a little bit longer. But i'm not going to put too much effort into it. For example, I sell Venus flytrap bare root, potted and dual potted.. that's the same stock being sold as 3 different "items" the programs dont' know how to deal with that.. so i have to manually edit my stock all the time... all well.

BTW, has anyone bought anything from there yet? I bet that if they have they're someone ultra-hip and with it. :-))

BTW, has anyone bought anything from there yet? I bet that if they have they're someone ultra-hip and with it. :-))

How about you tell us about your experience ordering! lol.

xvart.

Wow- xvart read right through that!!! He hasn't gotten his order yet. probably tomorrow would be my bet :) He was upset when he was no longer my best customer :p

I almost ordered.. but I just spent like $120 on plant stuff... so I think I should hold off for a bit.

XP.

I'm broke (everyone has excuses!) but, I may have another go at those so, so annoying Sundews and buy a D. adelae since I can't find them anywhere else.

Hallelujah! Its about time Andrew!

Back