Thread: I'm not having a good day today. Read this if you have kids

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    They said I could go
    That's great. If anything it will be a time to provide some closure on a past friend. When is the funeral?

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know yet. I hope he isn't all cut up and it's an open casket. I mean, I hope it is an open casket so and he's not cut up so I can see him. Is that weird?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No that's not weird at all! Nobody wants to see their friend/loved ones look like that. I'm glad you can go
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

i think i planted them a little too close together... ne3p's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm amazed you're strong enough to admit being upset. i don't think i could do that. it's good that you get to go to the funeral

the point at which you realise your friends are also nerds: you ask for a quadrant in the fourth dimension, and they say 10:00

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you can go to the funeral. That can be hard but it kinda puts a finality on things. I can tell you it was the most bizarre thing to see my friend Joey laying a casket. It was unreal. I couldn't believe it was him in there. None of it still seems real even though I watched him get sick and was there when he died. We went to his gravesite April 25th, the anniversary, and it STILL doesn't seem real that he died even though I was looking at his grave marker and all the green grass that's grown over the burial site over the past year.

Sometimes tragedies like this make us look a little harder at our relationships with others...whether to make more of an effort not to take them for granted or even renewing old friendships that got lost along the way.

Things like this can happen at any time, when we aren't expecting it. So make your feelings known to those you care about as often as possible.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest his family was really poor and I don't know how they are going to pay for a funeral or anything. I Maybe his grandparents (he lived with them) have money stashed away for a rainy day. You've been really inspirational Suzanne. Today I was with my rents in the car and on my MP3 player, "Operate" came on by Peaches and the lyrics were "He's not dead he's gonna leave I see his eyes rolling back in his head" And I about busted out crying in the car and I feel so bad and... damn I'm just so angry and mad and sad and I want to just.. Damn I want to just take something like now but I'm not going to. It's... I don't even know why I'm so mad. He was just a little tweaker but... I dunno why I'm so upset. I could get all Freudian but I'll spare you And you know what really makes me want to cry? People who didn't know him will just say "Oh there's another meth head off of the streets" and they won't really even care and he'll just be another drunk-driving statistic. And... UGH! I'm sick of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry for the loss.

i can see that you're a sharp kid- don't ever let that go to waste for anything. (but you already know that) it's kind of dismal, but i agree with you totally in your first post that this guy is actually kind of better off with this outcome. leaves a bitter and sad spot in the heart, even makes you fell sort of twisted for thinking it but i totally understand what you mean. and that was bluntly honest. you're normal for feeling sad/bad cause although the poor guy was on drugs, it was a human life.

just hang in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry for your losses. Please no drug

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast