Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Go Baby Go!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a roommate from Kentucky who made mint juleps every Derby Saturday. I thought they were about the most heinous thing I ever tasted. Every year I'd try another; hope springs eternal. But I'd go right back to beer or whatever. I don't like sweet drinks.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any alcoholic drink w/ mint in it is a bad idea. Mojito...yuck.
    Beer me.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my dad makes his from scratch. and its seriously WAY less sweet than you think one would be. its almost 2:2 ratio of the syrup and Maker's Mark bourbon. it may have a little more syrup though. so its pretty strong. my dad says the more sugar you put in past the "perfect point" the less enjoyable it is.
    PK: dunno if you know or not. but mint julips just have a sprig of mint in the cup.. like celery in a Bloody Mary.

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God.... V8 and vegetables are nasty enough but add alcohol? What is wrong with people?

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the race. It was a good race. I love horses--they are the most beautiful animal on the planet. I've never had a mint julep although I grew up picking fresh mint for my iced tea in the summer.

The Queen was here in Richmond before she went to Kentucky. She came over for the big hoopla in Jamestown for the 400th Anniversary. They've been planning for this for years. I didn't even know she was coming to Richmond. I heard downtown was a mess with streets blocked off and all that. She spoke at the Capitol and was nice to offer condolences to VA Tech.

As for hats, I heard they needed an entire truck just for the Queen's hats. "Ladies" are always supposed to wear hats in public.

Looking forward to the Preakness and Belmont. Hope springs eternal for another Triple Crown winner but its a difficult task.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Queen said "Prince Phillip and me" instead of "Prince Phillip and I"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12