What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is just sick

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
Ozzy of all people I would expect you to know, those cobras have their fangs removed, im sure in that "culture" though I dont see how torturing an animal should be a part of any culture. The kid is safe, though it is questionable as to why they have to slowly starve the snakes. And they go and get new ones all the time. But the gypsies or the Snake charmers probably feel no worries about their infant bieng around a snake.

Probably letting him get his training in while hes young.

Maybe it was like de-fanged or something. Do they do that?

Ninja post!

yeah i wouldn't do that either, but it looks like rural india to me, maybe thats one of their customs. Plus, that snake is completely harmless....of course its been de-fanged and the venom let out of it...though it makes you think worse since its a snake, its about as dangerous as a bunny. I don't see a reason to think it sick. Haven't you seen babies playing with dogs? Thats more dangerous than a snake that can't do anything

Or are you talking about how its sick that they defanged it?

I see this whole thing different than everybody else. It's clear that the child is in no danger. It looks to me that the cobras mouth has been sewn shut. When I said this is sick, I meant it's sick what they are doing to the cobra.

I completely agree, I just wasn't 100% sure what you were talking about.

Its horrible what they think is ok, just to make some money.

Yeah I agree. But... It's hard to criticize a undeveloped hell hole without being labeled ethnocentric or "culturally elitist" or something.

Yet we outsource so much over their, and over work them for less than nothing. While the richer get fat, and the poorer watch American idle and make a fool of them selfs on TV.

...what? There are lots of rich people who watch American Idol and lots of fat poor people.

Well at least we gave them nuclear technology. I totally support that. But... I think we traded it for mango's. I wish we had traded them for peanuts. Think of the comedic opportunities!

I wouldn't say we really overwork them, or that outsourcing is a bad thing especially for third world countries. I found some study that was posted online once about how sweatshops and whatnot actually benefit everyone. Not only do the locals make more money than they would say farming, but conditions are much better and safer. I'll look for it at some point...

Maybe it was on the Penn and Teller show? Guh i dont remember

Back