What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF Search Engine

• Thread starter xvart
  • Start date

xvart

Doing it wrong until I do it right.
Staff member
How often do you get a thread about the search engine? lol. And don't tell me to use the search feature or I'll tell you where you can search for my foot!

Does anyone know if it is possible to search by member and by content of the thread? I know I could find some of my other favorite posts this way; but, I tried to do this and wasn't getting any results.

OR, does anyone know how to do a search based on two words. I tried doing word1 AND word2 like in a internet search engine but it separated it and returned results for word1 and word2 in individual posts.

OR, can you search for words in a case sensitive way?

Those capital "OR's" can be swapped for "AND's" since I am curious about all three questions.

Thanks!

xvart.

I suppose that's a question for the Big Man. There's a lot of work that can be done from optimizations to hacks for the vbulletin search engine.

So Andy, how've you got it set up?

In the meantime, Xvart, there's always trying it out and seeing if it works. hehe

WAIT- Here I am telling other people to investigate... lol. After trying it out, YES. Just put in the persons username that you want to search, and something in the keyword search box. :-D

WAIT- Here I am telling other people to investigate... lol. After trying it out, YES. Just put in the persons username that you want to search, and something in the keyword search box. :-D

That worked? I tried it and didn't get any results returned. Hmmm... I just tried searching for "lol" in the search thread box and "xvart" in the search member box. No results returned and I know I've typed "lol" at least once. Maybe it's too small of a search.

xvart.

edit: yep just tried again with a larger search query. Well that answers one question. Thanks, Est. Next time I need to be more diligent in my experiments.

Back