Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Falwell is dead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont want to say I am happy he is dead, but I am glad he can not lead more sheeple down the path of hate. Falwell encouraged extremism which is dangerous in any religion. I am not a Christian yet I have read the bible and I find that people like Falwell have moved too far from the main ideals of Christ.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mokele, how did Falwell poison society with hatred and intolerance? You bear the burden of proof concerning that statement. I have also yet to see how mansons racist acts of murder wouldn't also teach hatred and intolerance to society. I have never been influenced by Falwell and obviously you haven't either, so how can you use the blanket statement entire society? I have never heard of Falwell advocating murder as Hitler did. Can you prove that he did? Why do tolerant people as yourself wish harm on others you disagree with?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mokele, how did Falwell poison society with hatred and intolerance?
    Do you want the 50-page list? No? Then how about this example:

"I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way — all of them who have tried to secularize America — I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"
    - Jerry Falwell, 2 days after 9/11

Yeah, he's a real sweetheart....

I have also yet to see how mansons racist acts of murder wouldn't also teach hatred and intolerance to society.
    Because the President of the USA does not endorse his hatred and consider him a personal friend?

Because of the two, only one hate-filled bigot has advised Senators?

Because Manson didn't have his own TV show or a University totally dedicated to spreading his toxic belief system?

I have never heard of Falwell advocating murder as Hitler did. Can you prove that he did?
    "This 'turn the other cheek' business is all well and good but it's not what Jesus fought and died for. What we need to do is take the battle to the Muslim heathens and do unto them before they do unto us."
    - Jerry Falwell, 3/4/02

Yeah, genocide is a lovely policy....

"Since Jesus came to the earth the first time 2,000 years ago as a Jewish male, many evangelicals believe the Antichrist will, by necessity, be a Jewish male."
    -Jerry Falwell, 6/30/2006

Mmm, taste the anti-Semitism....

A quick google will also show you that he supported segregation, spoke out against Martin Luther King Jr., and is attributed as (but not verified as) the source of the quote "AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals."

Why do tolerant people as yourself wish harm on others you disagree with?
    Because he wishes harm on me. Because he has done tremendous harm to this country and this society. Oh, yeah, and because the Christian Right is the moral equivalent of the Nazi party prior to their rise to absolute power, ergo any means necessary to stop them are morally justified.

Mokele

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I don't think ANY means to stop the Christian right is OK.

People like him are what make me embarrassed to call myself a "Christian" so I say "Secular Christ-follower" instead. It's more accurate, anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mokele, thank you for pointing these things out to me. I have really not been influenced by Falwell and haven't known his thoughts on issues. I do not agree with everything he said, however biblical arguments can be made for judgment of sin. I still do not think it very tolerant of "tolerant people" to rejoice in someone else's harm because we disagree over"words" and beliefs. I was stepping in to defend another human being who has passed on from this life, I have said a few good things about him(his articulate speech, soft spokeness, etc.,) I have yet to hear anyone else say he had a redeeming quality. I find peoples emotions mask their logic. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of COURSE he had a redeeming quality. He didn't have a twin.

Baddam-bam! Ok... one good thing....during his later years he did not support segregation. That's the best thing about him i could find.

Atleast Manson had a good movie about him lmao.

There's an advert for RealJock at the bottom. Gay sports and gay fitness for gay jocks, atheletes, and fitness buffs. I couldn't think of a better advert to have on Jerry's thread. Makes my eyes water at the thought of such comical irony.

Well I have some rugby to play.. that's it rugby. See ya in the showers, boys!

EDIT:! At the top is Love and Pride- Gay Jewelry. God bless you, Google with your word searching!

*Laughs until butt literally falls off*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, I don't care what he, or anyone, believed. I care what he, and others, did/do, and what he did was make the world a worse place, spreading hatred and intolerance under the guise of faith.

Second, I don't buy this garbage about how he should be given a pass because he died. He was a vile excuse for a human being, always was. I'm supposed to ignore that just because he's worm-food now? Screw that. I will no besmirch my integrity by pretending he was something other than a Dominionist *******. And silence is the same as consent. Screw mercy, I prefer honesty.

A bad person is a bad person, regardless of whether their heart beats or not. Jerry Falwell was definitely a bad person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can say anything you like, I am not defending Falwell or asking you to give him a pass. I am not as quick as others to rejoice in anyone's death, Falwell's or Manson's for example. I don't see myself happy about anyone's death, I think Manson was lost and Falwell may have been, but I won't gloat.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast