Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Falwell is dead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was certainly no Jerry Falwell fan and I believe he did more harm than good while on this earth. But the fact remains he had the right to say what he did.

However, I am wondering if the death of someone, say like, Mohammed Al Sadir (spelling?) would elicit the same negative response to the worthiness of his life on earth, or is it just politically correct to bash bad Christians but not bad Muslims?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on! You can't believe manson was a better person than Falwell. While I may not have agreed with everything Falwell stood for, he certainly had the right to state his views. Manson directly and personally caused harm to others because of his psychotic beliefs. How does the saying go..."The right to swing my fists ends where the other man's nose begins"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still do not think it very tolerant of "tolerant people" to rejoice in someone else's harm because we disagree over"words" and beliefs.
    I agree wholeheartedly with that, zappafan. Death is something that should [not] be rejoiced in.

However, i have to repeatadly tell myself that with this Falwell man, who suggested that the terrorist attacks on september 11 were atleast partly done by the Homosexuals and Femmenists. Sigh. I will try not to think about it anymore.

Edit: that should be "Death is something that should not be rejoiced in, NOT "Death is something that should be rejoiced in"
    Last edited by Finch; 05-18-2007 at 03:17 PM. Reason: HAHAHA I FORGOT TO ADD THE NOT TO MY REPLY
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again I dont wish for the death of anyone, but I am glad he is gone because of the things he said.

Lauderdale - Do you Muqtada al-Sadr the Iraqi radical cleric. I am not familiar with a Mohammad al-Sadir though Muqtada's father was Mohammad Mohammad Sadeq al-Sadr though he is already dead. If it is Muqtada you are talking about not only would his death bring more rejoicing by many Americans, it has been called for by many. It would not surprise me if the US did try to kill him thats why he fled to Iran. I believe many would be happy with his death even though it would complicate things in Iraq greatly most do not think that far ahead. As for bashing extremist Muslims it happens everyday. Falwell himself bashed Muslims, all of them refusing to seperate out even the moderate and liberal Muslims. Its not hard to find Christians who are willing to say the only good Muslims is a dead Muslims, all Christians dont believe this but many do. Often times the bad Muslims like Osama Bin Laden are used for the example while bad Christians like Falwell are viewed as the exception, so not only is it more acceptable to bash evil Muslims it is almost expected that the entire Muslim world is to be represented by the bad ones while the Christian world is not viewed only by its bad seeds.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw glee over several deaths in the past few years, they just didn't happen to be famous televangelists, or be "white" for that matter

Just a quick point- isn't Charles Manson actually still alive?? A few p[osts make me think he died, but I don't recall hearing it..

Proceed!!
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. Still alive. Wasn't he up for parole a couple of years ago? Thank god the court didnt grant him parole/supervision.
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you Muqtada al-Sadr the Iraqi radical cleric.
    Yes! He is the person I was speaking of. As I mentioned, I was not sure of the correct spelling of his name. I do not understand why his death would "complicate" things in Iraq.

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also do not understand why his death would "complicate" things in Iraq.
    THAT right there is why the US of A has NO BUSINESS being in that country
    Back to Falwell perhaps?
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast