What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jerry Falwell is dead

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    care

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
I feel bad about being happy,well just a little but I'm mostly happy, but he did say "AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals." and of course "I hope to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we don't have public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them."

So uhh.. yeah some will be happy some will be sad, most won't care either way. Either way he's gone. I hope he's right and God is real, and he's setting Jerry straight about a few thing right now :)

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD

I JUST saw that a few minutes. I'm surprised. I'm sad for his family and friends but not sad for the loss of his "anti" views on just about anything sane.

Darn, another christian dieing. Its not like its so bad they finally get to go to heaven and we get to stop listening to their bickering.

...and that hopefully a supreme court judge dies so Bush can appoint a new, more conservative one. And that Ariel Sharon had a stroke because he gave the Gaza Strip to the Palastinians. God punished him for that. Both were a tag team of Robertson and Falwell.

yeah.... can't say i was overly upset at the news. i dislike those christians who are bent on making the rest of us look like a bunch of insular, close-minded jerks.

Fred Phelps and the WBC have announced their intention to protest at the funeral of Jerry Falwell.

The christian right has officially begun to eat its own tail.

I won't say anything bad about him now because that would make me kind of . . . like him.

ryangray016.jpg

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD
AMEN! :)

Fred Phelps and the WBC have announced their intention to protest at the funeral of Jerry Falwell.

The christian right has officially begun to eat its own tail.

lol. Or just eat it's own.

xvart.

Jesus Christ!

"WTF is it Clint?"

Lmao, sorry. Anyway, I can't believe the Phelps clan of inbreds would protest someone almost as crazy as them.

Jesus Christ!

"WTF is it Clint?"

Lmao, sorry. Anyway, I can't believe the Phelps clan of inbreds would protest someone almost as crazy as them.

It goes to show you that nobody is as holy as those that burn everyone (and apparently everyone) else.

xvart.

I guess the best thing about him dying is that there is a little less space in hell tonight.

I think he was an articulate man, soft spoken, and worthy of some respect. To make light of him now is wrong, we will all face judgment someday. Try to have a little respect, we are not talking about Charles Manson here.

Man, I'd love to respond to that, but I vowed I wouldn't say anything.

we are not talking about Charles Manson here.

No, Charles Manson was a better person than Jerry Falwell. All Manson did was kill a few people, rather that poisoning and entire society with hatred and intolerance.

Falwell, and all of his ilk in the Christian right, are at the same stage Hitler was before he became dictator, and would behave in precisely the same manner if given the chance. My only regret is that his death wasn't slow and painful.

Mokele

I dont want to say I am happy he is dead, but I am glad he can not lead more sheeple down the path of hate. Falwell encouraged extremism which is dangerous in any religion. I am not a Christian yet I have read the bible and I find that people like Falwell have moved too far from the main ideals of Christ.

Mokele, how did Falwell poison society with hatred and intolerance? You bear the burden of proof concerning that statement. I have also yet to see how mansons racist acts of murder wouldn't also teach hatred and intolerance to society. I have never been influenced by Falwell and obviously you haven't either, so how can you use the blanket statement entire society? I have never heard of Falwell advocating murder as Hitler did. Can you prove that he did? Why do tolerant people as yourself wish harm on others you disagree with?

Mokele, how did Falwell poison society with hatred and intolerance?

Do you want the 50-page list? No? Then how about this example:

"I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way — all of them who have tried to secularize America — I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"
- Jerry Falwell, 2 days after 9/11

Yeah, he's a real sweetheart....

I have also yet to see how mansons racist acts of murder wouldn't also teach hatred and intolerance to society.

Because the President of the USA does not endorse his hatred and consider him a personal friend?

Because of the two, only one hate-filled bigot has advised Senators?

Because Manson didn't have his own TV show or a University totally dedicated to spreading his toxic belief system?

I have never heard of Falwell advocating murder as Hitler did. Can you prove that he did?

"This 'turn the other cheek' business is all well and good but it's not what Jesus fought and died for. What we need to do is take the battle to the Muslim heathens and do unto them before they do unto us."
- Jerry Falwell, 3/4/02

Yeah, genocide is a lovely policy....

"Since Jesus came to the earth the first time 2,000 years ago as a Jewish male, many evangelicals believe the Antichrist will, by necessity, be a Jewish male."
-Jerry Falwell, 6/30/2006

Mmm, taste the anti-Semitism....

A quick google will also show you that he supported segregation, spoke out against Martin Luther King Jr., and is attributed as (but not verified as) the source of the quote "AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals."

Why do tolerant people as yourself wish harm on others you disagree with?

Because he wishes harm on me. Because he has done tremendous harm to this country and this society. Oh, yeah, and because the Christian Right is the moral equivalent of the Nazi party prior to their rise to absolute power, ergo any means necessary to stop them are morally justified.

Mokele

Well I don't think ANY means to stop the Christian right is OK.

People like him are what make me embarrassed to call myself a "Christian" so I say "Secular Christ-follower" instead. It's more accurate, anyway :)

Back