What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

notebooks

• Thread starter jiana54
  • Start date
ok. so im looking into buying a laptop. i dont know if i should go with a vaio or an apple notebook. whats the difference anyways? dont they both have the same applications?

I think it just depends on your allegiance to apple or windows. Apple is generally less effected by viruses and that sort of crap.

xvart.

But Windows puts hair on your chest.

Apple is affected by fewer viruses cause it's not worth hackers' precious time to infect, what, five hundred computers nationwide? ;)

as a lifelong windows user, i personally find mac's to be counterintuitive to everything i learned on PCs (which are, by nature, illogical, but hey...). a good number of my friends who are into art/film/photography swear by their mac's, but my experiences with iPod lead me to view Apple products as expensive, hard to repair, and trying **WAY** too hard to be cool. just my two cents :)

Windows all the way. Get a compaq.

Go here and select 5001 to 1000$
http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnline...line/en/InventorySearch?c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh
then for the model go to :Inspiron 6400
Then click the blue "price"
my core dou 1600( 1.6ghz 2x) 1 gig of ram
Blows away my sisters 2.8ghz pentium 4 at 512 ram
It runs everything I mean one cpu to a high
resource needing aplication one to windows and it will never stall.
I am happy with it maybe if I get into (basic really basic)CGI or
game making I may upgrade the cpu.

what do you plan on using the notebook for?

i just plan to use the notebook for school. nothing fancy. i dont plan on making fancy pic slideshows or anything like that. so i guess go with windows then right? most colleges and libraries use microsoft office applications anyways. plus, if i were to get a mac, wouldn't i end up having to convert a file to a windows file?

yeah, in that case DEFINITELY go with windows... macs are a pain in the butt at school. like i said, the only people i know who regularly use them are people involved with the visual arts- for most school applications (papers, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, etc) Microsoft is SO much easier to deal with. there are windows apps for Apple computers (MS Word and stuff) but to me, why not just get a Windows computer to begin with then?

Back