User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: interesting.............................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This statement is not quite correct.
    The kid had the gun IN HIS HAND from the moment he got out of the car.. by the time the other guy could have reached around, grabbed his gun, aimed and fired.. he would have been dead.
    State Rep. Michael DeBose states in the story:
    The loud muffler on a car that slowly passed as he was finishing the walk caught his attention, though. When the car stopped directly in front of his house - three houses from where he stood - he knew there was going to be a problem.
    Clearly Mr DeBose was aware he could be in trouble. If he had been carrying and properly trained, he would have had the safety strap off his weapon and his hand on the grip the moment he suspected trouble. The split second they came out of the car his weapon should have been drawn, safety off and pointing at the men. The moment one of them flashed his weapon, DeBose should have fired.
    As quogue put it,
    Trust me, a disciplined shooter can take out a carload of steet thugs.
    I posted a story last this week about a jeweler who had two customers walk in his store, pull a gun and shoot at him. He managed to pull his own gun and hit one between the eyes and severely wound the other. One has since died and the other is still in the hospital. He is now well enough to be formally charged with capital murder by Fort Lauderdale Police. That is a case of carrying a firearm not only protected the business owner but taking two vicious thugs off the street.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    see its not just my loony mind that thinks he would have faired just as well armed.........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I notice one thing that never seems to get mentioned in any of these discussions.. Do ANY of you realize the world of S*** you will be in if you ever fire your weapon at a person?

True story... My parents own a 26 acre ranch in southern Oregon. One day my moms husband, who is a retired police officer and is extremely well trained and able to posess and use a firearm, found an unknown man trespassing on his property. He, with the same mindset as you all about needing his gun for protection, grabbed his gun and started off to approch the unknown tresspasser. After several attempts to get the guys attention failed, he fired 2 shots into the ground.. NOWHERE near the tresspasser. 9 months later.. he is STILL facing criminal attempted murder charges for firing his weapon. He didn't hit anyone.. didn't even come close.. and was on his own personal property.. but the law is not interested in justice.. they want your money. The best part is.. even if hes found innocent at his jury trial which begins in July.. he will STILL be liable in civil court over this and he may lose his home, all of his property and everything else along with it.

Sure.. a gun may save your life someday.. but consider the costs VERY carefully people.

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too many people go OCD about property. How could he think it was a good idea to shoot into the ground to get someone's attention? 26 acres isn't a ranch; it's little more than 1,000 feet on a side if square and no one should be surprised if someone walks through it sometimes.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    26 acre ranch? my parents have a yard thats an acre and a half and its in the middle of town...........cant hardly keep a couple cows on 26 acres...........

Sure.. a gun may save your life someday.. but consider the costs VERY carefully people.
    Steve you are absolutely 100% correct.........never fire warning shots if you arent afraid for your life enough to shoot the person you shouldnt pull the trigger at all. warning shots are ment for animals that dont understand english
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I notice one thing that never seems to get mentioned in any of these discussions.. Do ANY of you realize the world of S*** you will be in if you ever fire your weapon at a person?
    Again, not correct.

The jewelry store owner was not charged with anything by Fort Lauderdale Police. In fact, he was portrayed as a brave man by neighboring business owners in a television interview.

I know enough about Florida gun laws to feel safe in stating that, in the scenario I drew, Mr. DeBose would not have been charged with a crime...assuming that he had a CCW permit. His assailant had a firearm, DeBose was in fear for his life, he defended himself with deadly force. Case closed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just like to say that going after someone crossing your property and discharging a firearm is menacing someone while a clear-cut self defence situation such as shooting the people who are breaking into your home is protecting yourself and you will not be charged.
    Even people who had unlicensed handguns in NYC have protected themselves from criminals with lethal force and served one night for the fact it was unlicensed.
    And unlicensed handguns are a big no-no in NYC...

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry Lauderdale.. but that is absolutely correct.

You may not be charged in criminal court.. but CIVIL court is another matter entirely.

That Jewelry store owner may not have been charged with any criminal charges.. but if those 2 guys families get a lawyer they can sue him in civil court quite easily. Even if he is found innocent in the civil trial (assuming it makes it to trial) think about all the expenses and hassle he will have to go through. Is it worth all that trouble over a few thousand dollars worth of jewelry that was probably insured in the first place? What if he loses and ends up having to give his home, car, store, and a portion of anything he makes from now till doomsday? Again.. is it worth all that over a few K of insured merchandise?

Same thing with the politicion guy... if he'd actually been mugged he would have been out whatever he had on his person and probably not a whole lot more.

26 acre ranch? my parents have a yard thats an acre and a half and its in the middle of town...........cant hardly keep a couple cows on 26 acres...........
    Hey gimme a break.. I live in the heart of a major city... anything larger than a postage stamp is considered a sizable spread... what do I know from a "ranch" lol
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast