What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dude im going to McDonalds for a happy meal!

FOXNEWS.COM HOME > U.S.

Illinois 8-Year-Old Finds Bag of Marijuana in McDonald's Happy Meal
Wednesday, May 16, 2007

OTTAWA, Ill. — An Illinois 8-year-old got more than a hamburger and french fries when she opened her Happy Meal this week.

A 17-year-old employee of an Ottawa, Ill., McDonald's is out of work and facing drug charges after allegedly hiding marijuana and a lighter in the Happy Meal.

Keith Irelan and his three children went through a McDonald's drive-thru Monday night to order Happy Meals. They were on their way to meet their mother at a nearby school for a picnic, police said.

But one of the children — an 8-year-old girl — got a lighter, pipe, and bag of marijuana in her Happy Meal, according to Ottawa Police Chief Brian Zeilmann. Her father went to the police.

"To be honest, you don't expect that," Irelan told FOX Chicago affiliate WFLD-TV.

"She said 'Mom, I have a lighter in my Happy Meal,'" the girl's mother said.

The girl showed the lighter to her dad, then told him later that she got two other "toys" in her Happy Meal. One of those toys was a bag of marijuana.

"She said 'What is this?'" Irelan said. "Right then and there, I knew what it was."

McDonald's employee Brandon Scott of Ottawa was fired on the spot, then arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.

"Indications are the subject placed them in an empty box, intent on hiding the items," Zeilmann told WFLD-TV.

McDonald's owners cooperated with the investigation that led to the arrest, Zeilmann said. The store apologized, but the Irelan family said they still may sue, WFLD-TV reported.

Now that's friendly service.

I thought that you went to McDonalds after you smoke the pot.

That's true, Ozzy. But after smoking enough pot, eventually you work at McDonalds' too.
~Joe

I thought that you went to McDonalds after you smoke the pot.

:-))

I always preferred Chips Ahoy or sphagetti myself. (Uh...that was back in the old days...) :rolleyes:

No way, Lucky Charms mixed with vanilla ice cream and then some cold pizza.

It's magically delicious.

that sounds really good already!!!!

now I'm hungry for something sweet, greasy, and bad for me.........

ice cream.......takes care of cotton mouth and the munchies in one shot :grin: *

*note i do not advocate the use of and have not used pot in over 5 years, however i do beleive what ever an adult does in their own home is their own buisness if it hurts no one but themselves

"note i do not advocate the use of and have not used pot in over 5 years, however i do beleive what ever an adult does in their own home is their own buisness if it hurts no one but themselves"

The problem is they hurt plenty of people because of the violence and other collateral damage of the illegal drug industry. But I mostly agree with you if it's homegrown or otherwise "noncommercial".

The problem is they hurt plenty of people because of the violence and other collateral damage of the illegal drug industry.

Keyword there is...illegal.

Unlike... say... pharmaceutical opiates.

Hehe, come on Sheridan you know I just HAD to! Lol.

REALLY though, pills are easier to get than the real street drugs. Half the kids in schools are guzzling down amphetamines that kids with ADD sell for pocket money, and half the kids diagnosed with ADD don't really have it! It's all about money.

Did ya hear about the people behind Oxycontin being charged with something or another because they lied about the addictiveness of the drug? Money money money. Mo-ney!

No way, Lucky Charms mixed with vanilla ice cream and then some cold pizza.

It's magically delicious.

The Lucky Charms made me think of Talladega Nights, except the "Charms" were supposed to be cocaine. Wow, what a movie!:bigthumpup: :woot:

"note i do not advocate the use of and have not used pot in over 5 years, however i do beleive what ever an adult does in their own home is their own buisness if it hurts no one but themselves"

The problem is they hurt plenty of people because of the violence and other collateral damage of the illegal drug industry. But I mostly agree with you if it's homegrown or otherwise "noncommercial".

dude the plant itself is a weed and far easier to grow than half the plants discussed on this site. the plant was made illegal due to racial and money issues. the main problem with pot is that for some people, most notably teenagers, it makes the act of doing nothing interesting. other than that it has far fewer "evil" tenancies than alcohol. its also a quite aways safer than alot of the drugs prescribed to level out ppls moods and/or helping them relax. and dont use the argument that no drug prescribed is smoked as the active chemicals are easily dissolved in alcohol as well as vaporizing at much lower temps than required for burning. not to mention easily converted to pill form. smoking is just the cheapest and easiest way to get high. the other ways require more plant material to do an extraction(basically you have to grow it) and the high that results is more intense and longer lasting, not to mention the dose is much easier to control

LOL I saw this on the news too funny:-))

"I would like the Special Happy meal please"

Basicaly Rattler is right, you can take a suposatory if you were really that into it.
:-))

Actually taking ecstasy and even methamphetamine rectally is a fairly common practice. I bet the later would burn extra painfully that way :0o:

You can take almost anything and with some very simple chemistry, extract the active ingredient from pills, change to freebase, change it to something else more powerful, etc. Or so I've heard. I don't advocate these practices.

Most people just crush and snort though :) Wait that smiley doesn't go there! Bad Clint bad!

"Indications are the subject placed them in an empty box, intent on hiding the items," Zeilmann told WFLD-TV.

OK.. now I understand that McDonalds is not exactly hiring the best and brightest rising stars out there... but just how completely *explitave deleted* braindead do you have to be to pick up a box.. open it, place a burger, fries, and a cheap plastic toy inside, and NOT notice a pipe, lighter, and a bag of weed inside? cmon.....

He might have been stoned at the time.

Then I wanna know where he gets his weed then.. cause I have smoked some FANTASTIC weed in my time and I have NEVER been that stoned.

Why the heck would he have taken it out of his pocket in the first place? If I was getting high at work (which I highly recommend against) I would be far more worried about being caught trying to hide it somewhere than to be caught with it in my pocket. Think about it.. first ya gotta hide it.. then you gotta retrieve it later.. thats 2 chances to get busted... especially in a busy place like a McDonalds. Guys that stupid deserve to get caught.. what a moron.

Am I too late for a "They don't call it a happy meal for nothin'" comment?

Don't know why anyone would bring that kind of thing to work..

Back