Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here is my problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not taking either side, however, there are ways to talk to people without condenscending. The terms and phrases "are you high?", ***, and "grow up" will not make you many friends or encourage an unheated discussion. Where are the mods for this inflammatory language?

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by herenorthere View Post
    I don't see any reason to attack JM and I don't see any reason for JM to take things personally. This is a classic example of something that two people would work out in a few seconds face to face,
    I send out about 3 pms a day (mostly to newbies) reminding them of the rules... and it almost always goes "oh sorry about that! thanks!" and it's done. So in real life, or a forum.. this is easily "fixed" imho

Quote Originally Posted by zappafan View Post
    The terms and phrases "are you high?", ***, and "grow up" will not make you many friends or encourage an unheated discussion. Where are the mods for this inflammatory language?
    This is true. While Murphy did open this up on public forum open for discussion. Please be nice when you give your side. No matter what your view. There are ways to express yourself without that type of talk.
    as far as "Where's the mods.." I dunno about everyone else.. But I'm dealing with 2 kids, dealing with this, and filing my store's taxes right now. Hehe.
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not taking either side, however, there are ways to talk to people without condenscending. The terms and phrases "are you high?", ***, and "grow up" will not make you many friends or encourage an unheated discussion. Where are the mods for this inflammatory language?

You are right. I have edited my post to correct the inflamatory statement.

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mod's aren't chained to their computers reviewing everything we say, with Andrew whipping them like Humungus a la The Road Warrior style. Much less leather, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that's pretty much what i meant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know I think I will leave and stop using these forums. Those who helped me out with things thanks and have a good life.

Peace,
    J

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zappa,

I hear what you are saying and in some ways I agree and in others I disagree.

For example, calling someone an *** is indeed condesending but telling someone they are making an *** of themself is is more pointing out that their behaviour is not that of a rational person. Certainly it could be interpreted as condesending.

Likewise, telling someone to grow up is not necessarily condesending. If some person is acting like a toddler by throwing a temper tantrum but that person is actually a teen or adult then telling them to grow up is again pointing out that their behaviour is not what would be expected of someone who wants to be taken as an adult. That is not condesending, it is addressing a problem. You can not have an adult conversation with someone who will not behave as an adult. Telling them they are not behaving as an adult lets them know that the conversation can not progress.

Addressing your question of where the mods are. As has been mentioned, we are not online 24/7. All this went down after I left work for the day and so I did not know about it till I got back this morning. Kind of too late for me to act on it now
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not send JMurph "harrassing" PMs. He started this issue by not complying with the rules and then not only arguing about it but he continued to make personal jabs at Andrew in unrelated topics (i.e. the NASC Auction topic). Doing my job as a mod AND as head of the NASC auction, I contacted JM to tell him to stop making rude, off-topic comments and of course I got an ugly reply back. He couldn't just say, "I was wrong, I'm sorry." Nope. He's always the victim. He asked me how he could get these PMs to stop. I wrote him a "harrassing" PM back saying "Follow the rules and silence is golden."

And I'm sorry but I have a life as well. Moderators are here as often as possible but we have other things to do. This isn't a paying job...its donated time.
    I was dealing with the Comcast technician for the third time in two weeks followed by a NASC meeting.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast