What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kansas City Zoo

• Thread starter xvart
  • Start date
  • Tags
    baby

xvart

Doing it wrong until I do it right.
Staff member
My wife and I went to the Kansas City Zoo today. We had a great time and I forgot how exhausting a trip like that is. I can't imagine having kids and doing that, too! Thought I would share some pictures that I took of some of my more favorite animals that we saw. Some of the pictures aren't too good because of the glass and little kids pushing me around.

A red panda:
redpanda1.jpg

redpanda2.jpg

Koala:
koala2.jpg

koala1.jpg

Golden Pheasant (I was very fascinated by this bird. This might have been my favorite animal that I saw today):
goldenphesant.jpg

A cute little baby baboon (2 months old):
baboon2.jpg

baboon1.jpg

AWWWWE! lol.

Some crazy lemurs:
lemur1.jpg

A meerkat:
mercat1.jpg

African squirrel (?):
squirrel.jpg

We had a great day. I'm not a huge fan of zoos because I don't like seeing the animals in cages and such but I do find the educative experience very worthwhile (John Dewey would be proud!).

xvart.

Oh, and...

You can't deny the sheep!
sheep1.jpg

Nor can you deny the camels! lol.
camel1.jpg

xvart.

Haha the camel reminds me of Joe camel and that reminds me of something else lmao

Looks like you had a great time.. The Koala are cool.

Thanks for sharing

Great pics. I have two comments. One is that I think that the baby baboon looks just like Mark Martin .
Two, why didn't you get pics of the camel's feet?

Well the nice thing about MOST, not all zoos, is that the animals are well taken care of and are often animals that were abused in such places as the circus and other things. The other animals often come from captivity or are orphaned to be left to fend for themselves anyway. Zoos generally avoid "poaching" for captivity.

My personal favorite would have to be the African Squirrel.

Great pics. I have two comments. One is that I think that the baby baboon looks just like Mark Martin .

:-))

Haha the camel reminds me of Joe camel and that reminds me of something else lmao

LOL. I know, dude! I was thinking Joe Camel, too.

joecamel.jpg

xvart.

edit:

lol. I guess I wanted a good reason to go back!

Well the nice thing about MOST, not all zoos, is that the animals are well taken care of and are often animals that were abused in such places as the circus and other things. The other animals often come from captivity or are orphaned to be left to fend for themselves anyway. Zoos generally avoid "poaching" for captivity.

Of course, I know this zoo takes care of the animals and does an excellent job of educating the public about the endangered list. In fact, most all of the information plagues contained what CITES classification the animal falls under.

My personal favorite would have to be the African Squirrel.

Yes! They look exactly like the squirrels outside in my neighborhood, only with cooler colors!

The Koala are cool.

Yes they are. I just wish it wasn't so dang packed and busy in that area. Or I just wish that it would have not been so shy and faced away from the wall!

Red pandas eat about 200,000 leaves a day! Amazing.

xvart.

I want a trained African Squirrel colony that Throws buckeyes at the casual passer by!

OMG I luv the African squirrel can I have one?

I want a trained African Squirrel colony that Throws buckeyes at the casual passer by!

LOL, that reminds me of the movie Open Season, only African squirrels are definitely cooler.

Back