What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lets play.....................

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
find the frog :grin:

Untitled-6-6.jpg

Untitled-1-13.jpg

Untitled-2-12.jpg

Untitled-5-7.jpg

Untitled-4-4.jpg

Untitled-3-10.jpg

I WANT ONE! Seriously I LOVE them!

they are prone to bacterial infections.......they like it humid but dont like wet substrate........also only really available as wild caught.....these ones have been in the country since October

Wow! Really cool Frog's you got there! And I thought ya just had the Poison Dart ones...

Awesome! What species are they?
My favorite species is the Pacman Frog (I forget the species name... something ornata)... so cute:love:.

ive got poison dart frogs.........mantellas.........a local toad and now these guys Megophrys nasuta, Malaysian leaf frogs............these are either adult males or juvi females........adult females are alot bigger...........

Sweeeeet! REal cool! Are there two in the first picture>?

xvart.

theres 2 of them in both the top two pics............the bottom 3 are all the same frog....only got one pic of me holding the darker of the two(3rd pic down)

I hate you Sheridan, I really do. Here is hoping they are males and that they bark all night and keep you and yours awake. :poke:

I need to talk to my frog guys here and see when they are going back to the Netherlands and if they can get me some CB M. montanas... I will have them yet!!

Awesome! What species are they?
My favorite species is the Pacman Frog (I forget the species name... something ornata)... so cute:love:.

Most of the "Pacman Frogs" (God I hate that name) out there are Ceratophrys cranwelli. While C. ornata can be had from time to time it is much rarer these days than it used to be. But for some reason a lot of pet stores label C. cranwelli as C. ornata. Not sure why, maybe they think the name is cooler. Of the Ceratophrys I prefer ornata to cranwelli but that may be because my first one was an ornata and he got to be a rat eater :0o: If I could, my next Ceratophrys would be a cornuta but they are hard to get hold of as CB and WC almost always fail since in habitat they only eat other frogs and so won't transition over to insects

Here is hoping they are males and that they bark all night and keep you and yours awake.

now thats just a mean thing to wish on anyone............you know aswell as i do that these dang things are capible of waking the dead if they really get going. i also really wanted montana due to the noise issue but CB arent that easy to find and our intro into WC didnt turn out well :-(

..What does CB and WC mean?

CB= captive bred
WC= wild caught

Most of the "Pacman Frogs" (God I hate that name) out there are Ceratophrys cranwelli. While C. ornata can be had from time to time it is much rarer these days than it used to be. But for some reason a lot of pet stores label C. cranwelli as C. ornata. Not sure why, maybe they think the name is cooler. Of the Ceratophrys I prefer ornata to cranwelli but that may be because my first one was an ornata and he got to be a rat eater :0o: If I could, my next Ceratophrys would be a cornuta but they are hard to get hold of as CB and WC almost always fail since in habitat they only eat other frogs and so won't transition over to insects
I spent about 5 months reading about them about two years ago. I was at the point where almost got one, but then I lost interest. LOL. I'm fascinated by how they gulp down pinkies or snatch mice like a vacuum cleaner. :) Here's a picture of a beautiful one:
ceratophrys_cornuta_x_cranwelii_-1.jpg

It's labeled as Ceratophrys cornuta x cranwelii ebinuma(?). (Note the plain green "stripe" down its back).

... Lol is it a green stripe or 2 brown stripes? I guess it's like "Is a zebra black with white striped or white with black stripes?"

I used to have one when I was like.. 10 and I fed it Vienna sausages lmao

Hey Joosa,

Yeah the "Fantasy Frog" despite many people thinking they look good (I still like the cornuta better) I really do not like them because to get them you have to crank both the male and female with synth hormones to force them to breed with one another. Seriously unnatural and cruel (and I am not a PETA freak)

@ JLAP,

According to scientific findings zebras are black with white stripes. Now you know :p

Hey Joosa,

Yeah the "Fantasy Frog" despite many people thinking they look good (I still like the cornuta better) I really do not like them because to get them you have to crank both the male and female with synth hormones to force them to breed with one another. Seriously unnatural and cruel (and I am not a PETA freak)
Yes, I remeber a breeder on the Kingsnake forum warning me not to purchase hybrids of any kind due to the reason you mentioned above. Luckily, hybrids were not THAT common a couple years ago around my local pet shops and herp breeders (or at least the ones I spoke with). I don't know about today...
Anyway, thet're a beautiful frog. What's not to love about them? :-O
defo1_s.jpg

Back