Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: todays gas prices..............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh........

So this is where Rosie has gone to......

I knew that she'd get to the bottom of this.

Very interesting........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dang, i thought $2.89 a gal was bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here it's $2.99/gal if you're lucky. Most of the other ones are $3.05. A couple of places by my work are $2.99. I fear that it won't last. I'll have to grab some gas tomorrow.. even though my car has more than half a tank.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is going off on a slight tangent, but I like this chart & table of state-by-state gasoline usage: http://www.energy.ca.gov/gasoline/st...er_capita.html

I think the numbers are skewed by tourism, especially at the low end of the scale, since a tourist's gasoline consumption is attributed to the people who actually live there. But it's still kind of surprising. California ranks pretty low, which I didn't expect, while Montana & Delaware are pretty much identical. Probably the only way they are. Arizona's number might be so low because of all those retirees sitting at home. Or maybe because so many of them leave for the summer. Herds of minivans on their pilgrimage to the mouse probably drink enough gas to prevent us from seeing the same effect for Florida. But there's awfully little variation between what ought to be very different states. It looks like the people of Delaware have found a way to live almost as far from everything as the people of Montana. Way to go! The underlying problem can't be solved by increasing the supply/decreasing the cost of gasoline.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else notice that the gas prices went up right before Memorial Day weekend? That was totally planned. Lots of traveling is gonna be happening over the next couple days. Those sneaky little buggers. The smart ones kept it just below $3.00 cuz they knew it'd draw more people. At least there are hopes of the prices going down after Memorial Day.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gas prices are not high enough to change people's driving habits thus far. People drive as much as they did when prices were much lower
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, driving habits are changing so that people use even more gasoline than when prices were lower. Records were set this year for the highest ever weekly gasoline consumption in the months of March & April. I won't be surprised if the same happened in May.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had to do this Rattler............

I believe in ending our dependence on foriegn oil. I think buying one of those tiny little Italian economy cars would will help me save gas. A black Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 will work for me.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast