Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: todays gas prices..............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We could learn a lot from the Italians. The 1971 Alfa Romeo GTV I used to have got ~40 mpg on the highway. Maybe not quite Prius territory, but a Prius doesn't have the sweetest drive train ever assembled. I probably spent as much time tinkering with it as I spent driving it, but that helps reduce petroleum dependency even further because tinkering used very little if any gas.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow.. I am not one to oogle at cars all the time.. but that thing is beautiful.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh god that's sexy.....

Venuto generare, voi macchina bella.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, little foreign cars are nice but I prefer something more my style...

And somthin' that'll fit a lot of chicks into it......

A sweet 'lil honey that's a real gas-sipper......

(I'd LOVE to own a restored '55 Coupe de Ville.)
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sign me up for one of those Italian imports please as I would like to use less gas also.

Seriously though the major oil companies are going to continue to charge high prices as long as we pay them. Try to reduce your gas consumption and that will be the only way to help lower prices a little.

Fryster- There was no need to deride me when I had done nothing to you. If you feel the need to insult someone please take your comments else where.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what's weird?

That we pay for bottled WATER from the stores and we never give it a second thought to complain about the price of it.

I think paying hard earned money for something so silly as bottled WATER is even worse than the current gasoline prices.

Actually, a HUGE chunk of change per gallon of gas is turned over to state governments. It's the gasoline tax that is really socking it to us. During this fuel "crisis", why doesn't the state govs give us little guys a break??

I mean, they don't explore for the oil, they don't drill & retrieve the oil, they don't refine and transport the oil and the don't manage, advertise and sell the product!! Some people cry on about crazy conspiracies concerning 'Big Oil'...... What about Big Government?? Big Gov takes none of the risks, does none of the work and yet skims in a freakin' HUGE amount of dough from those who do (and did).

I'm tired of being taxed at every turn. The gas pump is only one more blow against our financial independence.

Okay, I'm done with the soapbox.................

Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actully I like many I know will not purchase bottled water as I can get the same if not better water out of my tap. I choose not to purchase it. So far I have not been offered a viable alturnative to using gas.

And if you dont want to pay the taxes on gas that is fine, you just cant use any public roads so your going to need to buy a narrow strip of land all the way to every destination you need to get too. I imagine this would add up to be much more expensive than the ~20 per gallon that goes to the MI govt.

And who is it that you will not surrender/submit to? Taxes? The Govt? Big Oil? Bottled Water?
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, have you guys seen the water with colloidal silver dissolved in it? Lol this is why the world hates America, because we drink silver water and champagne with gold flakes in it. Well part of the reason anyway lol.

I would like to know why the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Guam don't get representation in congress.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast