Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: the death of Christianity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    I guess religion is like sickle cell anemia. It could be good or bad depending on the person. Or it could be like a gun and dangerous in the wrong hands.

I get sick of the overly religious. I get sick of the conservatives. It's too bad we can have a liberal country and a conservative country and all of the dems could more to the former and all of the republicans can move to the later. Sooner or later I have a feeling the conservatives would attack the liberals though.
    The conservatives would only attack because the liberals would "have" weapons of mass destruction. This would be because of national security of course. LOL
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The conservatives would attack before our clouds of pot smoke and oceans of bong water corrupted their God fearing children. Acid rain would be a good thing in Liberal Land Just imagine a whole country full of liberals. Abortions and orgies in the streets everyday at noon. Not in that order, naturally. We could all run around barefoot and listen to the Indigo Girls. This is what the conservatives are afraid of I think, and that's why waste their votes the way they do. The only difference is I believe that the conservatives would actually do the things the liberals are afraid they will. Well, what they haven't already done atleast. Like taking away our civil rights and instating seperate but "equal" civil unions. What a joke. It's not equality until the words are spelled the same way.

As for what's wrong with moderates, they aren't liberal enough!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And all life on Earth is comprised of cells....so what? Why would God create each individual species alien to one another, so alien that they didn't share ANY of the same building blocks? Does that make sense? It's not hard to understand why your theory is far fetched. Just take a look outside and all around you. You honestly believe everything you see is a result of billions of years of evolution from one originator cell (which somehow just appeared right?).
    Ok I couldn't help it, I'm back for round 2.

think of it like this: The beginning cell was a S. purpurea plant. Later on through it's life cycles there was a minor mutation that caused the cells (plants) to look a bit different or produce different products. First you have the mother cell (S. purpurea) that has had mutations due to it's environment or whatnot and is now different, and the daughet species of the cells are Cell2 (S. purpurea ssp purpurea) and Cell 3 (S. purpurea ssp. venosa).
    imagine if that happened every 500-1000 years. And every new Species or cell type became steadily more different from the original mother cell, evern more different from other from a different original daughter cell (cell2 vs. cell3).

After that certain cells began to work together and colonize to create organisms or colonies such as Sponges.

and evolved in to simple worms and whatnot.

As for the begginning of life, well as JLAP said, there were collections of lipids, proteins, and carbohydrates that had an unknown dose of energy applied to it (in my opinion it was probably lightining) that sparked the collection of items to move and assoctiate with each other in a way that was self sustaining to the whole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The argument isn't about a plant evolving into subspecies. Most creationists believe in micro evolution. This is about a single celled organism evolving into a fish to salamander to lizard to groundhog to monkey to human. This is GROSSLY oversimplified but that's pretty much it in a nutshell that people get mad about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That cell didn't just appear. That first cell was made from organic molecules, proteins, lipids. Life came from the building block of life. You can't just have a house, you have to have the bricks come together first. I am floored that you are scoffing at that theory when you say "Which somehow just appears right?" When you yourself belief that God created everything directly! I can not believe that you call a logical theory far fetched yet God poofing everything into existence makes perfect sense.

If a Christian doesn't think that God can make everything through evolution, maybe they are the ones who are really limiting themselves.
    Oh really...where did the "organic" molecules, proteins, lipids, and building blocks of life come from? Did they evolve from nothing?

Actually I think the people who are limiting themselves are the people who believe in a God who is so small and incapable of creating a human being and instead give credit to evolution.

About Genesis being a metaphor, hell yes! The whole Bible is practically a metaphor and storied of IGNORANT people trying to explain nature the best they could at the time they were in. These people didn't know JACK SQUAT so the easiest thing to do is to say "Well God did it that way". Look at the sun, earth and moon.. We KNOW how they were made, what they are doing right now and how they will go out. They didn't know this back then, so "God made the heavens and the earth" was the best they could do. Does this mean god poofed them there? NO! It's the same deal with evolution.
    Wow this is saddening. You claim to believe in God but when God tells you what He did you call him IGNORANT and then again belittle Him....

Sometimes I think these creationists are really just plugging their ears and going "LALALALALALALALALALALA!"
    Maybe if Darwinists would actually preach good science they would get more respect.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, they came together from hydrocarbon containing compounds A hydrocarbon is made primarily from, you guessed it, hydrogen and carbon. Impure hydrocarbons can be bonded to sulfur, nitrogen, etc. I do believe God made all of us. BUT I believe it took millions of years through evolution, not 24 hours. Why do you put "organic" in quotes? A molecule that contains carbon is organic. God making everything via evolution is a theory called theistic evolution.

I don't believe I said God was ignorant? I'd love for you to show me exactly where I called God Ignorant. If believe I was talking about and specified people thousands of years ago. God never told us anything. The Bible did. It was inspired by God, written by fallible man. If we should do what God tell us to do and think, according to the bible of course, we would stone our children for disrespecting their parents, kill people for picking up sticks on the sabbath, etc. Come to think of it, everyone who does light work on Saturday should die.

People do respect darwinism, what people? Pretty much the modern scientific community. Jeez, maybe that's why it's in every textbook in ever secular school in America? Maybe not the Messiah College.

Good science like what? Show me a better example that makes more scientific sense than evolution. I said scientific sense, so anything involving any deities whatsoever is not credible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh really...where did the "organic" molecules, proteins, lipids, and building blocks of life come from? Did they evolve from nothing?
    ok, so you're saying that God made all of those things, that they didn't just happen to be there, or are made up of simpler parts? Sure, we don't have any proof as to why or how electrons, protons, neutrons and atoms came to be, but I bet that God didn't make them.

and to you're question I reply with another question. Did God come into existance from nothing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktulu View Post
    You are giving examples of political control not religious control.
    Where do you think this political control comes from?

Genesis 3:16 deals with the fall of Adam and Eve. If you want to talk about the gender roles then yes men are supposed to be the head of the household. That does not mean men are to treat them like animals like in some countries. Try reading Ephesians 5:22-33, it goes into great detail on the relationship between husbands and wives.

1 Timothy 12 does not exist. There are only 6 chapters in 1 Timothy.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."