Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: the death of Christianity

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant as in an a free-thinker not a crazy person who's going to blow up a building. It's sad because of what happened, that now a word has a pretty different meaning than it used to.

...Well so what if no one believed in it any more? They'd have access to history. After that it's their problem and it's absurd to worry about it. Let's say there was no record anywhere and no one in the future will have heard of it (yeah right) , then God is merciful and takes that into consideration. You can't accept Christ if you never heard about him.

It's amazing how my tune has changed from a few months ago. Woah what a surreal moment I'm having right now.

Say one day they look at Christianity as we look at the worship of Zeus or Anubis. Well... even today we have the option to worship Zeus and Anubis if we want. It's not our business what other people want to believe or not, so don't waste your time worrying about it. No use trying to stop it. It's like how some Christians believe in the NWO and also believe that is is foretold in the bible that it WILL happen. Well, if you believe it WILL happen anyway why bother trying to stop it if you believe it's "fate" or "prophecy" or whatever. Zappa, this honestly isn't directed at you, but rather a good parallel analogy I just thought of.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on board with the fundamentals of what Clint is saying, regardless of what the website says. I haven't had time to read it all yet, so I won't really comment there, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    ...but rather "Follow your heart!" and "Do what feels good!"
    lol. Now I have this great mental picture of big burly god standing in the clouds with a nice grizzly beard shouting "Follow your heart!" and "Do what feels good!". Yeah, god. That's what I'm talking about!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason "Christians" or any other group of followers of organized religion care what you do and how the government is run is because they are trying to control you. Just as the author of this article is warning of the "godless" trying to control peoples mind he is calling for "Christians" to force their ways on others. Oraganized relgion is mind control. Organized religions cause atrophy of the mind. Their goal is to make you one more goose stepping solider in their army of mental (and physical) conquest.

Also I found it quite funny when he tried to argue Darwinism was a religion. Philosophy maybe but not a religion. It doesnt even attempt to address the spritual aspect of humans how can you consider it a religion.

Though in the end this is all irrelivent as Muhammad was the last prophet of God.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jlap. I guess people who believe in prophecy(myself included) want to warn people(as that is the aim of prophecy) so that they will repent and follow the Lord Jesus Christ. We know we cannot change what is to happen, but it is God's will that the warnings of prophecy(the signs of the times)should be preached to the glory of Jesus Christ, in the hopes that "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom". Remember God loved the world so much hat He sent His Son and His son preached of Hell in the hopes people would repent and not go there but live with Him. God is love.

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktulu View Post
    The reason "Christians" or any other group of followers of organized religion care what you do and how the government is run is because they are trying to control you. Just as the author of this article is warning of the "godless" trying to control peoples mind he is calling for "Christians" to force their ways on others. Oraganized relgion is mind control. Organized religions cause atrophy of the mind. Their goal is to make you one more goose stepping solider in their army of mental (and physical) conquest.

Also I found it quite funny when he tried to argue Darwinism was a religion. Philosophy maybe but not a religion. It doesnt even attempt to address the spritual aspect of humans how can you consider it a religion.

Though in the end this is all irrelivent as Muhammad was the last prophet of God.
    Actually, if you look at the definition of religion you could argue Darwinism as a religion.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary.com
    1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
    2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
    3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
    Except for the detail in the first definition you could argue that Darwinism is indeed a religion. It is a set of beliefs that scientist practice in explaining how our world and the universe works, and it is definitely agreed on by a large number of people. So if you stuck solely to the definition of religion you could say that darwinism is a religion. The definition says nothing of spirituality, that is just something that has been associated with religion. But people generally don't think of Darwinism as a religion. I was pointing out that the author if he had chosen to, could say Darwinism is a religion.

By the last thing you said, I assume you are Muslim? Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by JLAP
    My God isn't some Scary old man, mine is more like a Hippie and is caring and understanding.
    LOL, that's one of the coolest things I've ever read. At first I thought of some old man with a white beard and then the very next I was thinking Hippie with dreadlocks and one of those goofy hats! Talk about interesting perceptions of God.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of interesting cellular biology work says things about evolution that Darwin never dreamed of. Individual scientists can be and often are as dogmatic as any televangelist. But overall, scientific "beliefs" are based on the facts. New facts are found; incorrect ones are discarded and the set of beliefs change. It's the opposite of religion. If there's any faith involved, it's faith that the scientific method in tandem with the competing egos and ambitions of scientists will lead to truth. I'm not saying science is better than religion, it just has a different role. For instance, I want the airplane I ride next week to be based on science, not religion.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Darwinism" -- which is a media label created by critics of Darwin and not something used by biologists to describe their work -- is not a religion as it is not a belief. It is a scientific theory -- an IDEA empirically tested that explains the natural world. If the work of Darwin can be categorized for political purposes as a "belief" or a set of "beliefs" then everything we know about the natural world is nothing but a belief. One does not "believe" or disbelieve in the natural world unless one sees life through the filter of religious explanations of reality. Calling the science of Charles Darwin a "belief" is nothing more than projecting one's own religious worldview onto something which is in no way related to that view. Maybe one day someone will present an empirically tested scientific theory -- about as close to a fact as it gets -- that overturns Darwin and his ever expanding legacy -- although with each passing year science adds greater and greater empirical support to his initial insights into the natural world -- but until that day arrives, Darwin's theory of evoluton is as good as it gets when it comes to knowing -- as opposed to believing in -- the natural world.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see why some Christians get so pissed at the theory of evolution. I don't see why God couldn't have made everything through evolution.

That new Creation Museum in like... Kansas or some place is a total joke. Man walking with Dinosaurs. It's laughable. Some people don't think for themselves and just believe what they're told. Then again I shouldn't criticize them... on the other hand it's pretty absurd to me atleast.

I wonder why Darwin took back his theory on his deathbed. Maybe he went crazy or something.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast