Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: the death of Christianity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I wonder why Darwin took back his theory on his deathbed. Maybe he went crazy or something."

I've never heard that before, so being curious I did a quick- not extensive search and found this:

"After Charles Darwin's death it was claimed that he underwent a deathbed conversion to Christianity. Beyond being a common story frequently applied to famous non-believers, the claim can be dismissed by his never having left the church. The claims were refuted by Darwin's family, but resurfaced several times, often by those said to be agenda-driven."

Could it just be one of those urban legends? If anyone has a site to shed light on this please post, like I said I found this interesting.

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    I don't see why some Christians get so pissed at the theory of evolution. I don't see why God couldn't have made everything through evolution.

That new Creation Museum in like... Kansas or some place is a total joke. Man walking with Dinosaurs. It's laughable. Some people don't think for themselves and just believe what they're told. Then again I shouldn't criticize them... on the other hand it's pretty absurd to me atleast.

I wonder why Darwin took back his theory on his deathbed. Maybe he went crazy or something.
    Actually they did. Maybe not the t-rex or the sort as it's not documented, but they've found cave drawings of dinosaurs. They obviously would not have coexisted very long together. If you go by way of the Flood, the earth's climate changed and did support such animals. If you go by the asteroid (or whatever the current reason is) the earth's climate changed. No matter what you say is right, they're gone now and doesn't matter... how morbid.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wesley- I find those definitions lacking and full of problems. If I apply the same ideas those defintions do then physics can be defined as a religion. I am not saying I have a better definition, infact an anthropologist once looked and found 250+ different definitions of what constituted a religion so its something that is hard to define.
    As for my personal beliefs I am agnostic though I find the teachings of Muhammad to be much more in tune with what I believe than any other relgion.

Also where are these cave drawings of dinosaurs? I would like to see this information. I have never heard of them. Pictures would be even better. And what were these cave drawings dated to?

As for the reason dinosaurs died out I believe it happened when they voted to allow gay marriage wasnt it. LOL No wait it was smoking that killed the dinosaurs.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Farmer Dave View Post
    The thing is that I don't ever think that Christianity is going to die, but I do think that all religion needs to be taken out of our government.
    Oh my, we have religion our gov't? I hope you don't mean Bush... I don't care what he is, he has abused a few too many powers, and I used to like him!

I don't think it's a matter of having or not having religion in our gov't. It is a matter of politicians standing on what they believe but not forcing it into our government. If abortion is to be made illegal, then it better be because the majority of America want it banned, not because a bunch of politicians force it through congress. That's the idea of democracy, rule by the majority. If the majority ban something, then it's banned. If the majority doesn't want something banned, then it's not banned. The way I see it is that abortion won't be banned on a national level until it's dealt with on a state level. If you want to have an abortion I'd suggest you stick to the states. Most of them don't care what you do anyway. Some do, but most don't.
    well look at the pledge of alligence. Dwight Eisenhower put the "under god" in the pledge of alligence for the world to know that this country is under the one Christian god.
    And the whole thing about trying to get evolution taken out of classes for science because it conflicts Christianity, or for the teachers to say that "the idea of Eviolution is only a theory".

It's amazing on how much a 'simple way of life' can affect so many lives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the oldest religions of cultures that left records are dead. Religious fervor so great that some were driven, an often succeeded, in driving eachother off the face of the planet… have often been unable to withstand the test of time. There may be a natural turnover rate for religions as old ones die out and new ones form. If there is truly a god, and I think so, I hope he preserves in some form what he feels we need to know through time. I think he will.

If he has, then what may constitute most religons is a fluffy filler that changes with time and angenda, but a core that stays the same
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm roman catholic and there about 1 billion of us around. so I don't think Christianity is dying religion. But I can't speak for other Christian groups though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a cristian I don't think it is dying out at all look at china While America is decreasing

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktulu View Post
    Wesley- I find those definitions lacking and full of problems. If I apply the same ideas those defintions do then physics can be defined as a religion. I am not saying I have a better definition, infact an anthropologist once looked and found 250+ different definitions of what constituted a religion so its something that is hard to define.
    As for my personal beliefs I am agnostic though I find the teachings of Muhammad to be much more in tune with what I believe than any other relgion.

Also where are these cave drawings of dinosaurs? I would like to see this information. I have never heard of them. Pictures would be even better. And what were these cave drawings dated to?

As for the reason dinosaurs died out I believe it happened when they voted to allow gay marriage wasnt it. LOL No wait it was smoking that killed the dinosaurs.
    The definitions were just according to a dictionary. Nothing more, obviously they have holes, but a core definition of which was pulled from other definitions to make a broad definition.

Ok so, originally I was just going to find some comical bullcrap for the cave drawing but had a harder time doing that than finding something of value. Heck, they're a bunch of Harvard people.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bearfabrique.org/Catastrophism/sauropods/supai4.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.bearfabrique.org/Catastrophism/sauropods/supai.html&h=280&w=400&sz=14&hl=en&start=2&um=1&tbnid=W2PYMRjYCtuSUM:&tbnh=87&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3DCave%2Bdrawings%2Bof%2Bdinosaurs%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-USfficial%26sa%3DG

I don't know about how the dinosaurs died, I say they were on crack.

Edit: the link has a smiley in it! LOL
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast