Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: the death of Christianity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darwinism is not a religion, although some may think so. It is a theory which is a belief, no matter how you argue it. In a sense beliefs involve science because they are tested by logic, although some people may find anothers beliefs illogical. For example, Tesla had some ideas I'm sure others thought were illogical but his deductions(logic) was spot on. God even asks us to test ourselves to see whether or not we are in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5). Many Christians will quote the Bible because it is their thoughts exactly. The word of God is known as the Sword of the Spirit (Ephesians 6:17) and it cuts (Hebrews(4:12). I did quote scripture earlier in this thread, however not entirely. I said "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge." I left out the part about ", but fools despise wisdom and instruction."( Proverbs 1:7)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally ignore these neverending often repeating religious debates because I'm usually regaling with the spirits of the water and the wind- but hey, I wasn't doing anything so I read through it. Just a question not meant to offend anyone or set anyone off on a major tirade:
    "Many Christians will quote the Bible because it is their thoughts exactly."
    - Is that because they have been taught or indoctrinated that this is their religion, so that must be their thoughts? Surely nobody on their own generates a thought pattern that mimics the bible exactly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people may read the Bible and believe it word for word without any indoctrination. It happens all the time.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without question? I don't know, that seems like a simple mind to me that accepts something like that without any question or logical reasoning as to how they came to conclusion X.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mean indoctrination like a cult brainwashing thing, I mean you are taught this from Sundayschool on so as a child you generally accept it and it becomes your way of thinking because that is the way your family thinks. Sort of like my grandparents voted republican, my parents voted republican, so gosh darn I'm a republican type of deal that's all you've know so thats the way it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See above where I mentioned reasoning and how others may see an illogical deduction where one may see logic .Beliefs and theories are the building blocks of religion and science as applies to logic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people explore things on their own, kind of off the beaten path people like myself, maybe you as well.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logic? Come on now Zappa, don't tell me that you see perfect logic out of an invisible being that created everything from nothing at all, and for the icing, has no beginning and no end? Please don't tell me that is logical because if it is, I'd like to hear the logic behind that.

Religion doesn't have to be logical but for the love of God people, think for yourself, don't just do something because you learned in Sunday school that you are supposed to.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast