Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: the death of Christianity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do see God(creator) as logical. Whether a person sees logic as a type of science from God or their own mental powers is up to the individual. Regardless, the testing of our beliefs and theories are good, some inventions are real after the fact, maybe even God and His Son and His Holy Spirit. Logic is a type of science and I know we all will not reach the same conclusions for we think differently. However, God says He can speak directly to many through His word and they can think the same for they will have the mind of Christ.(1 Corinthians 2:16). Sorry I'm not a fast typer.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, I think your replies are damned fast when you are on!

So are you saying that God may exist because people believe he exists?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God may exist in spite of peoples beliefs as an invention exists in the mind of the believer and not the scoffers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe there are 3 demonstrations(in the sense of scientific/logical proof) of God to believers and non believers. To the believer (present fellowship with the Lord), in the afterlife(fellowship with the Lord in Heaven).
    To the unbeliever there is (separation from God in misery forever). The proof of scientific evidence for the non believer occurs at the point of death. Jesus can save us all if we will repent and trust Him with all of our heart, He promises never to turn away anyone who comes to Him (John 1:12).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktulu View Post
    The reason "Christians" or any other group of followers of organized religion care what you do and how the government is run is because they are trying to control you. Just as the author of this article is warning of the "godless" trying to control peoples mind he is calling for "Christians" to force their ways on others. Oraganized relgion is mind control. Organized religions cause atrophy of the mind. Their goal is to make you one more goose stepping solider in their army of mental (and physical) conquest.

Though in the end this is all irrelivent as Muhammad was the last prophet of God.
    Control? You mean like this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6596933.stm

Or treating women as second-class human beings?

Or teaching elementary school children that Jewish people are pigs that should be slaughtered?

Compare any Islamic country to the U.S. and lets talk about control and crusades.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokele View Post
    And yes, we have *directly* observed evolution, including the origin of a new species from existing species.

Honestly, I've been watching the whole creationism thing for decades, and they have not only failed to come up with any convincing argument or real data, but even worse are just recycling the same tired and disproved tropes they used 150 years ago.

And, while I'm coming at things from a scientific perspective, don't think I wouldn't call BS if I saw it - I'm about to lay some serious smackdown on the entire field of primate locomotion because of flaws in some of the original papers. Puncturing existing theories is a great way to make a name in science, and it's a very competitive field. Do you seriously think that if there was some big secret, nobody would have tried to make their name by blowing the cover? If you do, you *clearly* have no idea how little cash a post-doc makes compared to faculty.

Seriously, creationism is an embarrassment to religion. It's crappy theology supported by made-up stories.

Mokele
    I agree the whole evolution/creation battle is ridiculous but that is due to some people who want to over extend what evolution is. Sure things evolve on Earth, that's how life survives as it changes, but that's not what MOST darwin fans believe. They take this notion and make far fetched claims that life on Earth was created by random evolution of the universe, from a small one celled living thing in the ocean billions of years ago and then somehow created all the kinds of life we have now. To sum up you could say they try to replace God with this idea, which is just bad science and teaching.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Logic? Come on now Zappa, don't tell me that you see perfect logic out of an invisible being that created everything from nothing at all, and for the icing, has no beginning and no end? Please don't tell me that is logical because if it is, I'd like to hear the logic behind that.

Religion doesn't have to be logical but for the love of God people, think for yourself, don't just do something because you learned in Sunday school that you are supposed to.
    God is actually a lot bigger than most people think, really. That is why our logic and reasoning will never come close to unraveling the mysteries of God. If you accept God for who He is, how can you possibly think you can know or understand everything He does?

Just like any body of text, the Bible should be read closely. It does not always literally mean word for word what is says. Sometimes there's deeper meanings, alternative wordage (the english language simplifies a lot of Greek/Hebrew words that could uncover more meanings), or cultural background/traditions that you need to understand for a verse to make sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My God has always loved me in a way that defies logic. He doesn't fit in my logic-box. Girls don't fit in my logic-box either. There's something about human nature that allows us to go above and beyond the natural way of things. What's life without the jokes we tell and the wars we start? Granted it's healthy to come to understand the reasons behind the seasons, but most of us don't know enough about ourselves to start denying what we can't explain.

Peter

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast