Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Hogzilla" photo

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had my .22 given to me at around 8, my .410 at around 8, and my .25-6 around 13. I was shooting before I was given anything. Here in the south it is very common to be shooting very early.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that kid is lucky, if he didn't shot it right it would have killed HIM. Also who gives an 11 year old a revolver with bullets?
    I was raised on a farm and given an old worn out H&R 9 shot .22 revolver for my ninth birthday. I doubt if my granfather paid more than two bucks for it but I was really proud to be given the responsibility of owning it. I had to buy my own cartridges and put many a rabbit, squirrel, pheasant and quail on the table. I still have it but now deem it too worn out to shoot. I can move the cylinder backwards...not a good thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heres the latest on the pig:
    BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- State wildlife officials said Wednesday they want to know how the huge hog dubbed "Monster Pig" got into a fenced hunting preserve where it was chased down and shot to death by an 11-year-old boy.

The young hunter is not accused of doing anything illegal, but the head enforcement officer for Alabama's wildlife agency said agents are trying to determine if anyone broke a state law prohibiting the transportation and release of live feral swine.

"There are some questions about where the animal came from, how he got there, how long he'd been there," said Allan Andress, enforcement chief for the Alabama Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries Division.

Andress said officials also will review whether the hunt complied with the state's "fair chase" law, which requires that prey at hunting plantations have a reasonable chance of escape.

Eddy Borden, the owner of the spread where the hunt occurred, declined comment on how the hog got into the 150-acre fenced-in area where it was killed last month by Jamison Stone of Pickensville.

Borden said he was getting tired of questions about the hog, which Jamison's father said weighed 1,051 pounds and measured 9 feet, 4 inches from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail. The kill drew international attention.

"I didn't ask for the publicity. I just want it to all go away," said Borden, whose Lost Creek Plantation is located in east Alabama.

Keith O'Neal, one of the guides who accompanied Jamison and father Mike Stone on the paid hunt, said he was unsure if the super swine was placed in the enclosure or grew up it.

Jamison was hunting with his father and the guides on May 3 when he killed the giant pig. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50-caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot.

Mike Stone said neither he nor his son did anything wrong.

"It's an 11-year-old boy who went hunting," said Mike Stone. "He was enjoying all the attention at first, but it's all getting old."

Andress said there is nothing illegal about a child hunting in Alabama
    150 acres.......................take alot of corn to grow a pig that big on 150 acres
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaa Haaaw! A .50 cal. Probably a S&W. I noticed a compensator on the barrel. He probably needed that as it IS a real cannon. Kaaboom!
    All in all, I would say that was a heck of an accomplishment for a 11 year old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    500S&W..............big **** cannon......ill stick to the 44 mag in a revolver thank you very much.........ive held one of the 500's and while it balanced well, for another 2 pounds in weight ill haul around my Kimber Montana rifle in 260 Rem.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Scary looking ! I don't know pigs creep me out anyway......*runs away*
    "But I like being Evil....It makes me happy" Venom

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the claims are accurate, Jamison Stone's trophy boar would be bigger than Hogzilla, the famed wild hog that grew to seemingly mythical proportions after being killed in south Georgia in 2004.
    Sounds more like a giant zombie pig to me guys.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12