What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gotta love small towns...............

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
couple of high school kids headed to the last day of school for the year................

Untitled-2243.jpg

Untitled-126534.jpg

Untitled-32314.jpg

lol thats awsome. Dont have to worry about buying gas all the time.

54964455-S.jpg

:-))

LMAO....................not quite that small of a town Alexis :grin:

lol! now that is environmentally friendly...but well..not entirely considering they have to be kept on farmland which is "created" by burning down forests and woodlands...but hey...its better than the mass greenhouse emmissions ;)

not entirely considering they have to be kept on farmland which is "created" by burning down forests and woodlands

do you have any clue where i live?

I love cowboys :)

wow

I wish that I lived in a 'small town' like that.

Tallahassee used to be small(er) but now it's starting to get HUGE!

do you have any clue where i live?

nope! no clue! ??? :-)) But....well...I just said that based on "How farms and villages have been created in the place where I grew in India. I remember like before I was born (sometime in 1984 or so), the local city where I lived for 16 yrs of my life was just a forest. Now, its probably one of the most busiest cities in India. Not bad for the human economy...but bad considering that India is in the tropics where there should be lush jungles and all. :(

Well...there is no point...I just love animals and nature in general. But I also agree without these advances, I should be living in a jungle with leaves for clothes..so... this is basically my conciounse (I spelt that waaaay off) :p . :poke:

I think India is a little different from Montana lol. Montana has.... ....... ..... Hey Sheridan just what is in Montana anyway? We know there's at least one Walmart, and of course cowboys and sapphires. That would make a great romance novel. Cowboys and Sapphires.

So was this like a joke thing them going to school on a horse or do they do this everyday? That really baffles me.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh India is a tad different. heres some pictures of northeast Montana where i live.........

this is where i hunt, about 90 miles(145km) from my house.......this is the highest concentration of trees in eastern Montana, far, far more than is normally around naturally....
IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

ill have more pics prolly on Sunday of eastern Montana/western North Dakota badlands. aslong as it doesnt rain ill be taking a trail ride on horse back through Theodore Roosevelt National Park this weekend just over the border in North Dakota at Medora.

JLAP........they were prolly bored. today was the last day of school and they only went till noon.........guess they did it for the hell of it..................though i know one time, more than a few years ago, my uncles rode their horses to town and tied them up behind the bar cause they figured they couldnt get a DUI on horseback :grin:

lol! thats why I told you I said that based on "my experience" and my "learning" of human civilization. I have already been in an argument of "misunderstanding" just a little while ago. I do not want to start another ;)

where im at has an average of 13 inches of rain a year.................we've got much more grass than trees :grin:

Ranching is the primary form of agriculture out there. Out here is is farming, so all them farm kids drove their farm equipment to school on my graduation last year. The TRACTORS were bad enough, but the 3 combines too up a combined space of 20 parking spaces:censor: . Showoffs. Everyone was so mad they egged the combines. HAHA

plenty of farming here as well Finch.........prolly split about 50-50

according to Montana State University, about 30 percent of the state's ag land is cropped.

http://www.montana.edu/wwwpb/ag/agstats.html

About 63 percent of all Montana land is in agriculture. Montana ranks second only to Texas for the number of acres devoted to agriculture. Of Montana's 56.7 million acres in farms and ranches, about 37 million acres of that is in rangeland that is shared by wildlife. About 30 percent of the state's ag land is cropped, while 3.5 percent is in woodland.

13 inches of rain a year is not enough to support most crops.

The average Montana farm or ranch has just over 2,000 acres, large by standards in the Eastern United States, but not large for land where production is limited by rainfall. Some parts of Montana receive as little as 10 inches of rain a year, while the west slope of some mountain ranges can receive four times that amount. On both Montana range and cropland, rain is the most limiting production factor and a short growing season adds to the challenge. Rain limits the amount and types of forages for livestock, and similarly limits cropland production. A small amount of cropland is irrigated.

I can't image how you guys live out in the middle of nowhere like that. I live in the mountains and forest and I can't imagine going from that to like, a prairie.

Back