User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sometimes i hate my wife..............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sometimes i hate my wife..............

well after a couple really bad months with my knees i convinced myself that i needed to try cortisone injections again. my appointment was this afternoon. as is typical i spent about an hour in the exam room waiting to see my doc.....now i was just going to go up by myself but the wife insisted in tagging along.

for some background i had my appendix out in the seventh grade. it was a rough experience for me even though as it turns out i didnt have appendicitis. it took 3 nurses over a half hour...believe me i timed them....of trying to get an IV in me about the time they ran out of places in both arms to try one and started discussing putting one in my foot i kinda......sorta.....flipped out. anyways they then called an anesthesiologist in and in 30 seconds had an IV in my arm....needless to say i developed a hatred for needles.
    ofcourse my wife knows this and the needles for cortisone injections into the knee joint arent small and quite a bit of meds get pushed in.....it took 2 months of bad pain and psyching myself up to even request it be done....

so while im waiting for my shots today my oh so loving wife desides she is bored and going to have some fun and starts in on just how big the needle is going to be and maybe they should do each shot in two parts instead of one....and so on and so forth.....after about 20 minutes of this i threaten to toss her out of the room. i think she figured i was serious cause she quit for the most part...........anyways both shots are done....my knees are good and numb except the extra fluid increased the pressure in the joints quite a bit so the feel funky. ive got atleast 2 maybe 3 days of being pain free do to the other 2 meds in the shot hopefully the cortisone kicks in good after that and im good for awhile.

doc says if this doesnt work next step is chicken cartilage injections once a week for several weeks............
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then I'll call you chicken legs. I wonder if your knees will point the other way and you'll need a special chair?

Lol, really I do hope you get better. Pain sucks. And how is your tolerance/dependency on opiates these days? Have you considered acupuncture? That way instead of one big needle, you get lots of little ones all...over...your...whole...body. Doesn't that sound like fun?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch, sorry to hear about that. Maybe she will get the hint and stay home next time. You know, making a nice hot supper with an ice cold beer waiting for you.

Down PAK !!
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree with you, droseraguy. Have the wife the get the beer ready, football, and her magic fingers to massage your feet.
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Down PAK !!
    rofl Whuuuut?? You think I'd say something about icky beer??

I've had a cortisone shot and it was creeeepy. You can feel the goo slithering out into your body. Right now I need cortisone for my foot, but I am going to try to get an oral steroid so I don't have to deal with a shot.

Other than that, I tolerate needles Ok. After having allergy shots twice a week for two years and then a week in the hospital getting dilaudid every 3 hrs...you kinda get over it. I certainly don't like shots but...I can deal with them.

Good luck on the knees. It doesn't sound fun. Maybe if you stopped doing all that walking around hunting...... *ducking!*
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe if you stopped doing all that walking around hunting...... *ducking!*
    how could you say such a thing!!!!!!!! be nice.......im headed out this weekend(if it quits raining) to take wild flower pics and maybe a few critter pics out in some of my hunting grounds.....if you aint going to be nice i wont post them here
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehe Now that's the kind of "shooting" I like.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try Apitheripy, sting your self with bees repeatedly! Honey bees of course. I know it doesn't sound fun But its got to beat getting a huge needle shoved into your knee. I don't know if it would help your problem.

Disclamer! I dont have any medical knowladge, but what I have read on the web. and dont do it if you are allergic!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast