What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cool Optical illusion video. TRIPPY!

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Watch it, keep your eye in the center then look away, like at another part of the screen or at the floor or wall. It's really neat. I found it on another forum I go to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pcMGXpmtyk

Haa, I saw that one on albinoblacksheep a long time ago. At least I think it was albinoblacksheep?

Pretty neat nonetheless.

Very nice. Too bad it doesn't last longer.

xvart.

That was awesome.

That's cool.

I'm glad nothing jumped out and screamed. lol

its like.. almost realisitic.

hmmm I wonder if you could do this on a larger scale?

uhhhh, I mean cool swirlly thing.

Your right... we could utilize this for some sort of large-scale hobo control.

ill try setting it up on a larger SCREEN! just wait till I get my new HD TV hooked up to the computer.

Did anyone hear about the London (I think) Olympics commercial that had to be pulled off the air? It was causing seizures in hundreds of people. After it ran the first time, something like 600 people ended up at hospitals. The commercial has lots of moving, flickering geometric patterns.

For anyone who doesn't know, rapidly flickering light can cause seizures in people...sometimes in people who have never had a seizure before. I think here in the U.S. TV commercials are screened for that before airing.

Funny story, well not funny if something bad happend.

I was hangin out at my friends house her sister has mild epalepsy or what ever it is called. Well either way we were being dumb her sister had glow sticks and we were like lets have a rave, some one put on Techno, and her Boyfriend started flashing the lights. My friends sister looked at him and said, uhh I dont think you should do that, it might kill me. Of course he didnt know and felt REALLY bad about it.

But I hate seeing people have seizures, theirs a girl at school who has them all the time, its kind of depressing, cause theirs nothing you can do.

I've done this one before (waiting for something to jump out and scream at me the first time) and I think it may have been better as a higher quality video. In this case, to fullscreen it you can see all of the distracting places where the screen refreshes or the video jerks (because it's presumably a pretty low bitrate to have it up on youtube.) I'll see if I can find the version I have; if it works any better, I'll post it up here.

I've got another really cool one that I'll host somewhere and get up here.

There's some pretty crazy ones out there! There's one that I remember that isn't really an illusion per se, but you look at a picture and it looks a certain way, then they have you stare at another thing for a bit, then when you look back the first picture has changed and it will forever more look like the changed one. Something in your brain changes so you can't "go back" to seeing the way the first picture looked; I think it's something relatively simple like a colour changes, but that's still pretty crazy if you ask me.

No way! you HAVE to find that!

Back