What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A tip for keeping track of your NASC bids

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
It's pretty simple. Create a folder on your desktop or in your favorites list. Then create a short cut to the item your bidding on by adding it to favorites or dragging it to the folder. I have two folders. One for the items I'm bidding on and one for the items I have donated. Clicking the link is quicker than searching through several pages of threads to find your items.

And while I'm at it, a quick reminder to check the older items up for bid occasionally in case you forgot one you were going to bid on and didn't.

You can also use the thread tools found towards the top of the thread page and subscribe to any thread. You can also set it to email you whenever a post has been made to your subscribed threads.

All your subscriptions can be seen by going to the "Quick Links" way up at the top and picking "Subscribed Threads".

You can access them through the User Control Panel too.

Good advice you guys.

I normally just make a document and copy down the link of anywhere that I've made a bid.

Keeping track helps because that way you don't need to worry about someone making a non-bid post after yours making it look like you didn't win.

i also subscribe :D

Awsome tips guys!

Also a reminder: there is a minimum opening bid of $2. We're not gonna roll over and die if someone starts it at $1 but please try to keep the opening bids at two dollah. I mean, I think anything offered is worth at least $2. Even that ol' hamata. :-))

Also...NO DUTCH AUCTIONS. Please list multiple items separately. It is waaaaaay too hard to keep track of separate bids within one topic.

A HUGE thank you to everyone who has donated items. :grin: Every donation is a postive step towards rescuing endangered Sarracenia.

-PAKtioneer

Bumping a good helpful topic. :)

One thing that we are going to do this year that will help keep track. Every topic will be edited after the auction is closed with the name of the winner.

This should clear up a lot of confusion.

Or you could just bid in ALL of the topics, that way you need to check them all anyway. :D

Back