What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mantis

glider14

Always a newbie
found this mantis today. still just a baby. its living off of and on my N. sanguinea and my other CPs and my 2 orchids.
enjoy :D
Alex

on top of a pitcher
IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

with my Encyclia
IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

eating my nep's dinner!!!!!!
IMG_1140.jpg

DANG ALEX, YOU'RE MAKING ME JELOUSE!!!:-D :D:-)) :boogie:

Oh and anybody here know if mantids can be shipped to Long Beach?

Those are some great pictures. Beautiful orchid, too! I'm sure that mantids can be shipped to Long Beach. In fact, you can buy egg cases on Amazon.

xvart.

cute lil bugger!

smart bugger too >.>

Nice photos! That last one is awsome! Dinner! I like mantises too. Love how their heads swivel around. :)

If its an Giant Asian Mantid its gonna get HUGE. Well unless its a Male... Just wait until it molts a few times, You might see it hanging upside down just leave it be its molting. When you see wings they will be either BIG or small, the big ones are the females, then you know your mantid will get big.

we have only 2 types of mantis here in KY. the Chinese mantid and...some other Green one.

Suzanne: i think its so cool(and...creepy) how the little pupil always follows you around....
Alex

Its not a pupil, no one really knows for sure but they think its just an illusion created by refracting light waves and all that silly mumbo jumbo.

i didnt know what to call it so i called it a pupil.

Alex has his own personal Kung Fu trainer :-D

alex...do u have higher resolution of those pics dude? I would love to use it as a wallpaper/ :)

BTW...my screen res is 1920 by 1200. :p

Those ARE freakin' sweet pics! :bigthumpup:

The Mantis looks so alien. You can see where sci-fi writers get their bizarre alien ideas; the bug world and the deep-sea world.

Cool...do mantis's only live in the south or what?, because I have yet to see one around my parts...and where do stick bugs live?

-Gabe

Cool...do mantis's only live in the south or what?, because I have yet to see one around my parts...and where do stick bugs live?

-Gabe

Well, I know that they're wild here in Oregon. Nice pics :banana2:

Mantis are quite common in Ohio. They are not so common in Florida.

I haven't seen many at my new place, but i saw plenty at my old house, was really neat.

HE CAUGHT ANOTHER MANTIS !!!

I wish there were mantids in Long Beach :( currently thier population is 0 here i just checked on a website.

Back