Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Georgia Aquarium loses another whale shark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    They also killed a beluga whale. I think they are a joke. They didn't even try to make it eat. It stopped eating and starting swimming weird so they just euthenized it like it was expendable instead of trying to save it.

I've never been there but I've heard the aquarium is a joke and most well-cared for home aquariums are prettier. I head the Tennessee and Ripley's is better.

That isn't true Clint. The beluga had had an ongoing respiratory tract infection since the got it, something they missed when the examined it at the amusment park in Mexico City where it was living in a brakish pool under a rollercoaster. They had the beluga in what was basically an ICU for something like 6 months before it passed. In the end, yes, they did have to euthanize it but that was because it was suffering and had a systemic infection that could not be treated. So they gave it a quite end rather than forcing it to suffer more. If your dog had terminal cancer but was going to live a year in terrible pain every day would you have it live that year or would you put it down?

Before you people make jugement calls based on what the media is saying you might want to look at the official Aquarium statments. Remember, the number one headline right now is about a stupid rich ***** slut and how horrible things are for her in jail. Do you really think the people who call that "news" are going to give a fair and unbiased report or disclose all the facts that the aquarium has released??
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LMAO! Thanks for making me wake up laughing about Paris lmao. You have a good point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for great whites (again) shouldn't they have just kept a pup as the are smaller? Also wouldn't it be ovous if it was in enclose space with smaller animals it sees as food wouldn't you wan't to keep them seperate? I really think that if they are experimenting with keeping whale sharks and greatwhites they should be tested in tanks right near the coast to release them if it the problem wasn't dug or viruse caused.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dangit Pyro, you got my hopes up for a second there: I thought you said they euthenized Paris.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Est View Post
    Can't speak for most, but the Monterey Bay Aquarium is an awesome aquarium that really seems to stick to conservation ideals in their work and presentation in the buildings. Not to mention that the ocean sanctuary around the site is beautiful. Notably they've done a lot of work with sea otters and helping to restore healthy sea otter populations here in Cali.
    I was there a couple weeks ago and loved the jelly fish area. Spent 5 hours there and would have spent more if I'd had more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Est View Post
    Dangit Pyro, you got my hopes up for a second there: I thought you said they euthenized Paris.
    It couldn't happen to a nicer person. Glad the judge tossed her skinny, whiny, butt back in jail.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moonflower View Post
    I worked for a while at the Riverhead Foundation, assisting with animal care and releases... they're certainly not a token organization, in fact they were there before the aquarium opened
    Yeah, the aquarium seems to be an afterthought to the conservation program there.
    Seen all the CP's they have there? Nuthin spectacular, but cool all the same.

[QUOTE=Est;832237] the Monterey Bay Aquarium managed to keep a Great White for record time just recently. I actually got to see it, it was great.QUOTE]

You got to see it? And they released it already? Dang! I remeber hearing that they were going to keep one in a penned in area of the Bay.
    I always miss out on seeing one of these majestic beasts... like when there was one stuck in a Lagoon in New England a couple years ago. Missed that opportunity too.
    Oh well, as long as I don't see one when I'm in the Ocean!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jiana54 View Post
    im also surprised PETA hasnt said anything.
    F PETA
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12