Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: mugged

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jlap
    -cool website. tests were kinda lengthy but still awesome.
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gratsi

thanks for all your advice - it is very gretly appreciated. I'bv got an appointment with a doctor in about an hour to get one of my teeth looked at.

justLikeAPill - thank you for the website, its definitely very insightful. I wanted to explain though, what i meant by "hoodlums". Yes, they dressed like rappers i guess - but what i meant more-so was that they weren't wearing suites and ties, and they looked fairly low-life. But of course, that appearance to me is maybe something i haven't come to a conclusion over myself. I know what its like to dress a certain way, and be treated differently (although i don't wear make-up ).
    I dunno... to me, 'hoodlum' and 'gangster' are pants worn beneath the butt without a belt, wifebeater shirts, huge necklaces, a hate covered in drug symbols and worn a certain way... but you know, anyone can be that.. to me though, that's what i see. I wish i didn't though, i wish i could just see people, like me, who choose to wear what they do.

I know i'm somewhat racist. I know when i see a black person, i get edgy and tense... and seeing them commit crimes doesn't help that image either. But i would never act on it... I'v sworn to be different than my father was, and am proud to be who i am today. While i know a very evil thing is inside me, my morals, training, and meditation have allowed me to keep from acting on such hatreds.
    Having black friends helps too.. i talked to one of them this morning and he gave me a ot of advice.. we're going out for ice-cream this afternoon after my doctor's meeting to talk it over.

thank you all for your advice... sleeping really helped out, and i'm feeling a bit less tense this morning. You guys and gals are great though - this is advice i will take with me to the grave.
    Last edited by PlantAKiss; 06-15-2007 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Bypassing filter; please don't do that! Thanks!
    ~The Fallen and Forgotten~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guhhh stop calling them african americans. They're black. You could be black but from England, or the Czech republic, or Germany, etc. I also have lots of friends that are white and from Africa. That term is stupid and misleading.

Blaming actions of black or at least inner-city blacks on slavery is ignorant and ridiculous. Slavery ended 142 years ago. If someone blames committing crimes on slavery they are lazy and should get an education and/or get their act together instead of complaining about events that their great grandfather didn't even go through and expect someone else to fix it for them.

Some people don't want to associate race with crime, but you simply can't ignore the facts.
    http://www.amren.com/color.pdf

I'm sure for presenting the facts and not acting protective of blacks, im going to get called a racist, but so be it. This is a day and age where everyone has to be "politically correct" or else risk being called something-ist. I think its disgusting that if you don't subscribe to one particular view and try to present the other side of the story, you're being a bigot or a racist.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    guhhh stop calling them african americans. They're black. You could be black but from England, or the Czech republic, or Germany, etc. I also have lots of friends that are white and from Africa. That term is stupid and misleading
    I sometimes say African Americans to show respect. Some people at my school get offended when I say blacks and some people get offended when I say African American.

Ridestsu, poor guy, I hope you are ok.
    I bet you're reading this huh?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you didn't misinterpret what I said. I didn't blame crime on their slavery, I blamed the fact that so many are impoverished on the fact that they haven't had generations to build estates and pass down like so many white families have. Minorities have historically had a very bad deal, it's very sad. It's hard for some people to escape what they were born into. I believe that most people are product of their environment. For example if you grew up in a ghetto where crime and gang activity was common, there's a greater chance you'd be sucked in. If , on the other hand, you were born in the burbs to a middle-upper class family, chances are you aren't going to rob a bank or a garage.

No, people should NOT associate race with crime. Yes the statistics are scientific but I associate income and dwelling with crime, not race. Most statistics don't really reflect all of the variables. You don't see a bunch of rich kids, black white or purple, robbing little old ladies do you? No, you see inner city people with low incomes doing it. It's not about race, it's about environment. And for the record I don't associate low-income with crime, I associate crime with low-income and that sounds tricky but it's not the same thing. I also support affirmative action 100%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look, I know this is a rough topic, but if you really feel that you are racist, which isn't a good thing. But you also seem to want help on the subject, i know this might seem kinda far fetched, but maybe try talking to a professional about it, I my self hate councilors, and understand why you wouldn't want to go, but it might help you think more positively about racists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not hard to escape if you have the drive. I have a friend who was born in Serbia, which his family then fled when he was about 4. They lived in a freaking attic for years whie their dad persued a degree...and now the guy makes 6 figures. Its definitely possible to go from not knowing where your next meal is coming from to successful if you have the drive. My dad was born into a lower middle class family where he pretty much had to pay for everything himself...and now hes a cosmetic surgeon. Its really not hard to succeed in America.

Race and crime are definitely related as they should be. You can't just ignore the facts or try to pass it off...that would be ignorant and ridiculous. I guess the white equivalent of the projects is a trailer park...but you don't see white trash running around murdering people and burglarizing to the same extent that those things occur in the ghetto.

Affirmative action is the second worst American law to ever exist, behind prohibition. Minorities should get equality and nothing else. When you help minorities with things like affirmative action, you are in turn discriminating against whites. Remember Bakke vs. UC Davis? In terms of medical school, giving someone admission because they are a certain race is ludicrous. If you're going to have brain surgery, would you rather have someone that was extremely highly qualified...or someone that doesn't know so much what they are doing, but got there because they are a minority? Medicine is a very delicate profession, the practice of which is an extreme privilege. Accepting people that are underqualified into the field based on race is like sentencing their patients to death. After all...when you're under anesthesia, who gives a dang what the doctor looks like?
    Last edited by PlantAKiss; 06-15-2007 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Bypassing filter
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK folks. The discussion is fine. But PLEASE do not use *'s to bypass the filter. Its there for a reason! An * does nothing to "disguise" what you're saying. I'm sure most of the people here aren't offended by it but this is considered a "family" site and so we have the language rules and bypassing the filter with other characters is a . I've had to edit this topic three times for language.

NO MORE please. C'mon ...didn't you learn some useful vocabulary in school??
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast