Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: mugged

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what is it was just 4 *'s? Then it could be a couple words
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol Well, no letters and just *s is a **** of a lot better than omitting just one letter. At least it leaves something to the imagination.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just quickly going through this thread.

dude, i hope you are okay. i am proud that you did not let this incident change your outlook on an entire race of people. i think i'm the only person who's black/part black here and i'm kinda scared/nervous to respond but for what it's worth, i truly hope you are okay. (i'm a pretty strange cookie- i don't really fit in with the vw community that well and people are shocked when they find out i'm not white)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow!
    yeah dude I feel sorry for you.
    I go to a school where the student pop. is 22% white and 88% other ethnicity, but mostly black, and I was seriously scared because of all of the bad stories that I've heard (no doubt from ignorant racist whites in hickville where I live). But you can't look at people as different colors, unless of course if you are wanting people to do the same.

However I agree with phissionkorps in the sense that they could always leave. Here's an example:my mom was part of a poor polish family in ole Penn. She hated living up there, so she gathered up all of her money and moved down to FL where she later met my dad. but that's a different story.Anyways, she fended for herself and lived off of tap water and ramen for almost 3 years until she found herself a good job. The sad thing is that most Ghetto hoodlums usually don't fight that lifestyle. And for the record: I think of a hoodlum as a person that insists on dressing in baggy pants and shirts and generally would rather do crime instead of get a job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks again for all the advice people - you're all very great people and you should be proud of yourselves.

My apologies for my language... i was frustrated over the entire thing, and usually maintain a higher quality of vocabulary than simply slurring out my emotions. I'll be wiser for the future though on that matter.

I don't blame crime on race - i don't really blame it on anything except bad parenting nd social values. Think of it this way... while you might associate a black person with, say, stealing your car - what do you associate a white person doing?
    While white people may not be your first pick for car thieves, i want you to briefly remind yourself of one word.... one company, who ruined thousands of lives. ENRON
    Think briefly now, on major pharmaceutical companies - an incident a while ago produced aspirin that was tainted with AIDs. The company's founder, a white man, decided that instead of destroying those things, he would sell them over-sea where laws did not punish them. His decision to infect potentially millions of people was made pruely to see a bigger profit margin.

Yes, i'v seen the studies on how low-income areas have lots of crime - here in eugene, we have a huge homeless problem, and a massive meth problem - i'v seen this stuff first hand. But guidance, morals, and social influences create the person. But it is not always the poor who are criminals... just look at the politicians and those in high-ranking government positions (Mark Foley). Crime is rampant in this society... it is not a fault of color or class, but by a lack of guidance, poor upbringings, and greed.

But anyways, lets not let this topic get off hand. I was mugged, and i got back from the doctor's a little while ago. My nose is broken, and i have a 50/50 chance of losing my front left tooth. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow to get my tooth looked at and evaluated.

Bugfreak - never fear or seclude yourself for your color - you, like people of brown, yellow, white, and purple, have a good heart - and that is what truly matters in all of this.
    ~The Fallen and Forgotten~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about the mugging. My brother has wrecked his life and he's black, but, a majority of his friends are white and they have too. Just, more blacks do it than white, usually because like JLAP said they are usually poorer, and blacks in gangs usually seem to be more beefy than white folk so it'd be easier to pull off a crime, but, this is just speculation.
    - NeciFiX

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bugsy, why would people be surprised in the VW community? I don't understand that. I've seen black people in bugs all the time (OH! SO THAT"S WHAT YOUR NAME MEANS! DUH CLINT!)

OK, can I see some documentation on the aspirin with AIDS in it because this is the first I've heard of it. Also, the race of the man is irrelevant. This is a case of greed and corruption not race. I really fail to see what him being white has to do with what he did. It was also my impression that aids had to be transmitted from human to human contact, not dried into aspirin then ingested.

About the comment that "guidance, morals, and social influences create the person" in regards to meth. I used to use ice, coke, etc, and I had all of those so that theory isn't always correct. I was also a straight A student , hung out with the right people and live in a nice neighborhood in the burbs far north of ATL. Looking at me, you'd never know it. You'll find that morals are really a gray area up to individual interpretation, and a lot of well-off kids do drugs. Drugs span all social classes and incomes and they don't produce insanely addicted crackheads 100% of the time.

It seems to me you're tune has changed completely from your first post. I don't really understand the problem with the way you are talking now but I hope you keep your tooth! Even if not dental implants are an option.

I honestly don't understand why you tried to fight. No offense but, to me, that's just stupid when it's two against one and especially when you didn't have any money anyway. I would have let them take whatever they want, because it's not worth a nose and a tooth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i didn't fight o.o; i got hit once from the side - which i determine broke my nose (i was bleeding everywhere), then fell to my knees, where i was put into a head-lock. Luckily i kept my chin down, and my blood lubed things up enough that he couldn't get a good enough hold on me - that resulted in my face being pounded into the cement. Once they discovered i had nothing worthwhile on me, they kicked my side a few times and left. If it was a real fight, a very different tune would be heard.

JustLikeAPill - you have morals, and you are a strong person. Not everyone who has bad influences is a bad person - some people have inner strength and a good set of morals deep within them, and it helps them through to get to a better place. I commend you for it.
    I'll look for the articles about the aids thing for you - it happened back in 1995 i think, so its been out of the mainstream for a while.
    If my tune has changed, it is because i have good friends, and good advice from people who i barely know (here on the forums). I am not one to take advice and not heed it, and i thank you for your support.
    ~The Fallen and Forgotten~

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast