Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: mugged

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To briefly follow that tangent, I'm pretty positive HIV wouldn't survive more than minutes in an aspirin. It isn't a very durable virus outside a human. Hep B could be a problem and some bacterial and other diseases might be transmitted that way. If they could enter the aspirin production process, that is.

As for the mugging, plenty of people who have the physical ability or martial arts training to defend themselves get mugged or worse. It's such a surprise to be suddenly slugged that few people's brains react to defend themselves. Unfortunately, many people who try find themselves dead.

As for the racial component, people can overcome their upbringing, but it takes work and it'll always lurk within you. I took some of those implicit tests last year and the racial issues are certainly in me. I don't like the way affirmative action is done either; the children of black professionals get preferential entry into elite colleges, while blue collar jobs that would help the truly disadvantaged are replaced by machines or are exported. But us whites whose families have been in the country for a while have benefitted from generations of preferential treatment for whites.

There's a book called When Affirmative Action Was White that came out a few years ago. I keep meaning to read it, but I've seen reviews and they were enough to show that my family escaped from dying jobs in fading cities to booming careers/suburbs because of government policies that allowed them to do it but limited the ability of blacks to do the same.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I missed something. Why did you not fight back? You have the training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, i mainly didn't fight back because i got blind-sided. Imagine yourself in my shoes - someone who seemingly poses no threat is walking towards you - you can't raise your fists or get into a stance when you walk by everyone in the world - that wold be crazy. So you act like nothing is going to happen, and you walk normally - hands at your hips.
    Now imagine getting hit by a brick to the side of your face, and instantly knowing there is blood everywhere - even in your eyes. The whiplash effect from not having a ballanced stance and being 100% unprepared sends your body into a twist, and before you can even hit the ground, an octopus wraps its arms around your neck and tries to choke you into a sleeper-hold.
    Now ight the octopus, and more bricks being thrown at you, while you are already mildly dazed. Oh, and there's a possibility that the octopus has a gun, and the bricks might have knives taped to them >.>
    that's why i didn't fight back. If i had stance preparation, and knew the fight was there, i would be singing a very different tune right now.

HereNotThere - Oh, it was actually an injectable for hemophilia - made by bayer. Go onto u-tube and type in "pharmaceutical AIDs" and you'll see a news report with sean hannity (i think thats his name) who does a thing over it.
    ~The Fallen and Forgotten~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have been "shreded" if I was in a public shcool in hawaii especially in hilo because there are lots of hawaiins mostly in hilo who could do whateve they pleased and to me a white guy or http://www.slangcity.com/email_archive/1_01_04.htm
    I could have gotten nailed but I am/was homeschooled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ridestu- how much are your medical/dental bills going to be?

do you have good insurance? that would piss me smooth off to take the time and expense of having to get checked out. on top of all the other anguish you have to go through. i truly feel for you and this kind of thing makes me mad. very glad you're beeing a trooper and even wililng to talk about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, over the last two days, i have spent maybe 10 hours total in being examined and x-rayed, and waiting for results. its cost me about $200.00 so far... but fear of a tooth extraction or a root canal could jump that total waaaaay up.
    thanks for the kind words!
    ~The Fallen and Forgotten~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a bleeding heart liberal about a lot of things, but I think muggers should be sentenced to Louisiana chain gangs in the summer and Montana chain gangs in the winter. And they can pick up litter in between during their forced march from one to the other during spring & fall.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me and a friend got mugged when we were 16 (I'm 49 now) and although they ( 5 black dudes ) didn't hurt us (we're white) and only got a total of $7 from us they threaten to kill us if we went to the cops. We went to the cops who of coarse did nothing. A week latter an old lady got killed in the same spot.

Life can suck sometimes.

I won't comment on the whole Klan issue. Except that those people are screwed up IMHO.

Tom
    Twitter : Tommytimbertoes

This signature removed because of whining little crybabies.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast