What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAMLIN!

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
good to see yah!...................where yah been hiding? been playing your guitar i suppose :grin:

Ya ! Of all the dirty tricks, sneakin in a dew thread like you was always here. :wave:

Nice to have you around Mr. Dawnstar !

dang........................................i scared him away.............. ???

Welcome by friend, to the show that never ends. Step inside....

Just got back online after almost a year with a brand spankin' new computer for Father's Day, and I've been awfully sick in body and in heart from losing my plants as a result of it.
Happily, the atopic dermatitis (which is the favored diagnosis) has mostly resolved and my tentacles are dewy once more. I've missed the forum but I had to get past being green with envy over seeing all the beauties I once had the priveledge to grow, and can grow no more. I still am all about educating the CP community, and hope to give some reasonably sound advice, although taxonomy makes me sneeze these days.

Yes, and playig the guitar as always along with some studio time and a small demo CD of my original songs, mostly written over 2 decades ago. It's been cool to finally be able to make the songs live as I envisioned them, but back then I could never afford studio time. A friend has a studio and helped produce me. One of the tunes aired on a Sryacuse radio station, and the wave front is now expanding into the universe! How cool is THAT???:boogie: In a couple of million years some bug eyed critter on a planet around Alpha Centuri can groove on Priest of the Faded Fair(e). The song has been described as "hypnotic" and "very 70ish" which I take as compliments.

Also been rocking in the mineral world, sun tanning by Dr's orders and trying to recover from 11 feet of snow last Feb. in 2 WEEKS :0o:

Currently I'm weighing in at 138 with a 28 inch waist since I've abandoned all starches other than potato, rice and tapioca. My hair is halfway down my back and I have a lot of life in me again (good thing or the winter would have done me in!)

I grow some SArracenia which are well behaved and need little from me, and the Utricularia are with me still along with a handful of plants I keep in an indoor terrarium I don't have to fuss much with them. Gone forever are the 52 shop lights that I was up too, and who could afford it these days. I miss growing, but my heart isn't in it like it once was. I know people are going to try to give me plants, but I got to be strong and resist the temptation. Such is the life of a plantaholic.

Thanks for the greetings guys! It'll be a kick for me to see the plants and the interest forum members have for them. I still believe that it will be the "dirt farmers" and not the botanical gardens that wil bring the plants into the next century.....if there is a next century that is! So let 'em grow and let 'em go!!

...and my tentacles are dewy once more.
Had to read that part twice as I misread it the first time! :-)) Either way, I'm glad to hear you're on the mend and hopefully have the computer problem fixed with the new rig.

Had to read that part twice as I misread it the first time! :-))

:-)) If its as hot up in NY as it has been here, those might be dewey as well. lol

Welcome back! Glad to see you posting. :)

great to have you back!! we missed you so very much!
Alex

Back