What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I watered my plants... and then it rained.

• Thread starter NeciFiX
  • Start date

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
I hate this!

I spent more than a gallon of water watering all of my plants, then 45 minutes later a rainstorm comes along when it was very sunny and warm.

UGH! This has happened twice or thrice to me so far, what a waste of precious water!

Anyone else have this paradox?

That's not really a paradox, but more water is never a bad thing!

You might think of getting an RO filter so you don't have to buy water.

Better than not watering your plants because you expect rain that ends up not coming.

Ah, but it came, and quite hard

True though.

"It's like ten thousand spoons, when all you need is a knife."

xvart.

All you used was a gallon? Try five or six gallons and then haveing it rain.

i just got an RO filter - waiting for it in the mail. I'v been buying distilled 2.5 gallons and bottled water.. boy does that suck...

but yeah.. that's called irony :3

So get a five gallon trash can or bigger and collect some rainwater for use later. You might come out ahead next time.

"It's like meeting the man of your dreams; and then meeting his beautiful wife."

xvart.

If you didn't water it wouldn't have rained so your probably safer. Wait till you wash your car, it always rains the next day :-))

Or do what I do:

Leave your car windows down and then it's for sure to rain...

Works every time.

Seriously, try it.

I can control the local weather with my car windows.

Speaking of water. I bought Aquafina Purified Drinking Water because they ran out of distilled water. Thats the only thing they had that was close enough to "purified" so i bought it.
Can I water my CP's with them or will it hurt them?

'pends on if they added anything to it and how "pure" it is to begin with. If it's distilled or RO with nothing added then other being a pricey way to water your plants, it's fine.

says "hydRO.Purification.Reverse Osmosis filter used... to filter out what other bottles leave behind and leaves nothing but water. Pure. Perfect Water."

Hehe

Last edited:
Save your gallon bottles and just fill them up at the Glacier water vending machines you can find in front of supermarkets, CVS pharmacies etc. 25 cents a gallon is a lot cheaper than the bottles.

Back