What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

humidity for growing sphagnum moss?

Hi, I have some really small samples of sphagnum moss that I found in one of my pots. They are not very big parts of the moss, as I said before, they are really small. Right now they are in a pot of 1/2 peat 1/2 perlite, do I need to have high humidity/what are the light requirements for growing just plain sphagnum?

thanks a bunch!

-Chefdjc

Low light, or high light. Low will make fluffy, elongated moss while high light will make tight, compact moss. I prefer the latter.

High humidity is good and grows moss faster IME, and LFS will actually make it's own little micro-climate around it's self as it respirates. I can't imagine trying to get any sizable amount of moss from a few tiny starter heads. I actually have a whole gallon of live moss in the auction right now that you should consider bidding on. You'd get a lot of live, full-sun grown moss AND support the NASC at the same time. Win win situation.

Back