Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Summer everyone!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Happy Summer everyone!!!

Today, the subsolar point reached the tropic of cancer... You all know what that means, right!? The Summer Solstice. SUMMER!!

I hope all of you enjoy the longest day of the year and the rest of summer. (I feel sorry for the people in the Antarctic, they experience full days of darkness). Happy summer to all!
    -Joel from Southern California

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I have mixed feelings on the summer solstice. It also means the days start getting shorter. And I HATE that. I like it when its still light at 9 p.m.

I hate losing the sun...

But soltices are powerful things...loaded with all kinds of magic and energy.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joossa View Post

Today, the subsolar point reached the tropic of cancer... You all know what that means, right!? The Summer Solstice. SUMMER!!

I hope all of you enjoy the longest day of the year and the rest of summer. (I feel sorry for the people in the Antarctic, they experience full days of darkness). Happy summer to all!
    blah bla! what's so happy about it? unless you're like 12 and have a season pass for six flags/hurricane harbor.

i'm a grump in the summer. it gets like 115 here! i hate this place. and my townhome is like a cardboard box- no insulation what so ever.

bah-humbug!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for the adult's experience of summer, bosses and those certain coworkers go away for a week or two of vacation, which I appreciate much more than a season pass for six flags.

I hated summers for years until I got back into gardening and then started growing figs and CPs. Now that I have more highland Neps than Sarrs, I'm not so thrilled with hot days. But our hot days stay in the 90s and we can count on dropping below 70 all but a dozen or so nights. 115 is just plain nuts. Too hot for life, but not hot enough for baking. What a pointless temperature.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHat an amazing day here in Oswego, NY...the sunset over the lake was awesome with rain, sun, a rainbow and crescent moon, color everywhere! I went and played my very best on my very best guitar, and ate a quart of Strawberries.... and yes there is magic in this day. LOL! If I were 12 again, I wouldn't NEED a pass to Six Flags, but if it was 115F I'd have my skinny butt cooling in some water. Personally, I like it hot as long as I can find some way to chill out. Summer is life and energy and the payback for the frozen Pultonian winters we get here. I don't thaw until July. Happy summer to all
    "Grow More, Share More"

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The summer time is the best! Everything is alive and I like to turn on the AC low and get under lots of comfy covers!

But at the same time I've been taking lots of Benadryl. These damn flowers are killing my allergies! I've been putting antihistamine eye drops in one eye so it's dilated while the other is not, and that makes me look a little like Marilyn Manson. I can't wear my contacts with my eyes all screwed up because it'll make it worse, so I'm also blind and can only see 6 inches in front of my face. Further than that and everything looks like one big, cloudy Monet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of the wickedly evil black berry are putting up blooms,
    time for the herbacide,goats and slashing
    Really though they take over EVERYTHING.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the graphic. For those of you visual learners!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast