What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It is sad, but for the better.

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
Hello everyone. It has been a while I know since i have posted, but I have been around. Just not as frequently. Mainly to keep up with PMs and things. I have been dealing with allot lately. First my snakes eggs hatched. I now have 5 baby snakes to get started eating. I should be happy this is my first successful attempt. Next I just got into Nursing school. I was on the alternate list. Again I am not as happy as I should be. I had an issue go over at work that could have turned ugly, but luckily it didn;t so that is a load off, but the kicker is after 5 and a half years of marriage and being together since 2000 my wife and I are calling it quits, and it has been a hard ordeal. It was come to by a mutual agreement and nothing is turning ugly. We are still friends and are not fighting. We know it is for the better. We both have met another couple that made us realize things about our marriage that we were in denial about. So I am not going into to much detail here. Just know if things work like they were ment to we all be more happier than our current situations.

The bottom line is I want to stream line my plants. I will be keeping my nepenthes, sarrs and many of my orchids, but I will have allot of orchids and other plants I will be shedding for this transition. Many will be NoID orchids, some will be named, some will be sun-dews but do not count on all of them being IDed. I have not had a chance to go out and take inventory yet. I plan to do that shortly. I will be giving the plants away. All that I ask is that you pay for the shipping. I do not have a problem shipping multiple plants to one Addy, you get more bang for your buck and I can appreciate that. Just be mindful not to ask for EVERYTHING. There are others that will want some as well.

So be on the lookout in the trading post for the offers. Andrew I want to apologize in advance if I inadvertently post something for free that you are selling. I will try to be mindful to check before posting.

:(.

Sorry for everything that's been going on. I hope your snakes do well! Good luck with everything.

~Sam

I'm sorry to hear about that Josh, but it's good (and rare) that you both were both honest enough with each other and with yourselves to talk about what was happening. Sometimes people grow together and sometimes people grow apart. Good luck.

Sorry to hear about the troubles but sometimes splitting is the best thing to do. I hope it works out well for both of you. :hug:

Sorry to hear that Josh.I hope everything works out for you!

Jerry

Hey Josh, was wondering where you had been recently. Sounds like things are going as best as possible all things considered. Glad it was civil. Good luck with nursing school! The excitement will come. My wife is starting her second year in nursing school and it's always an adventure with the clinicals and such. You'll enjoy it.

First my snakes eggs hatched. I now have 5 baby snakes to get started eating.

So you hatched some baby snakes just to eat them? :-))

Good luck my friend.

xvart.

I thought the same thing the first time I read it lol.

I'm glad that you aren't quitting Nepenthes and Sarracenia. Orchids are only in flower sometimes. Nepenthes look good ALL the time!

Hey Josh,

Just wanted to say sorry to hear about what's going on with you and your wife. I don't know the circumstances or the details but I know you guys got married for a reason. There's a good chance it was once the best thing in both of your lives. I hope you guys tried to salvage your marriage before giving up. It is very easy to give up when the hard times come but that is just a test of your bond and a period for you guys to grow closer to one another. Again I don't know the situation, maybe it is too far gone but I hope that you guys can salvage something and rebuild. Marriage is too precious to throw away!

Hey man, I'm sorry to hear that things have been going rough for you. I wish you the best with your schooling, and I hope that things will start looking up for you soon. I hope the fact that your decisions are for the best will become apparent in a more positive way soon. Good luck.

Everyone thanks for your concern and support.

Outsider. We have worked it out a couple of times in the past. The split up is for the better. You are absolutely correct when yo usay we got married for a reason. Because had we not been married then we would not have met the people we have met and would not have found the person we were suposed to be with. It is a long story mind you. There is another couple involved that is also splitting up. It is like we had to be married in order to have a chance at getting to know them. I knwo this is vague, but I do belive things happened for a reason and things are going as planned. I do believe in fate and it is playing out like it was supposed to.

Life works in mysterious ways, and this is sure one of them. Never said the road was going to be easy, but it is working out.

Thanks again everyone.

Sorry to hear about your situation but it sounds like you've got things pretty well in hand. Take care and good luck in school, I don't envy you !

hey dude - sorry to hear about it, but it could be so much worse. When i was 10 my parents went through a horrible divorce that tore our family apart. I'm glad you and your partner have the maturity, smarts, and heart to work things out evenly and have both arrived at a conclusion.
You are a very good person - albeit i have just come to know you, from the way you are handling things, i wold assume you are a great guy. Once you start getting back into the dating scene, i'm sure you won't have a problem at all in finding someone to love you.
its always refreshing to know that not all divorces end like my parents' did, and that humanity still has smart, good people in it.

Thanks Droseara and Ridesu.

Ridesu I have found my dream woman with this whole ordeal. It is a strange situation to say the least, but I have no regrets at all marrying my current wife. It had to be this way or I would have never met my GF. Yes I have a GF already. As I said LONG story.

I can say things are alot better now than when I started this thread. Just took a little time to let everything set in. I will be back intot he swng of things soon.

The way I look at it, life is too short for regrets baby! I don't care what I've done, I don't regret it because everything I've ever done, good or bad, and everything that's ever happened to be (like rehab) ended up as something great (like getting homeschooled and graduating a year early!) You once told me every cloud has a silver lining (or something totally corny like that hehehehe) and this is yours!

You are absolutely correct Clint. The way I look at it if I was never married to my wife then I would never have met my GF. And yes that is her in the picture BTW. I love that picture and it is from the first weekend I spent with her. She makes me a better person and we make each other so dang happy. I know some folks might think I am crazy because I have only known her since Feb, but you can tell when there is a connection, and there is a connection there. We light up the room when we walk in. Her family says they have never seen her so happy before. So it shows. Liek I said you just know when it is right.

So whether you belive in God, fate, destiny or whatever. Life has a funny way of doing things sometimes. I still belive that the reason my wife and I met my GF and her husband is for this to happen. Because it could not have happend any other way, and I truely believe that.

Glad to hear this have gotten better for you... life's ups and downs are like a roller coaster ride. Wouldn't be very interesting if it just went straight and slow....
Good Luck!

glad to hear you're happy. I went through a horrible split this year and am just on the final stretch to closure.
And yes JLP, no regrets... Don't look back cause you're not going that way.

I like that Kahnli "Don't look back because your not going that way" I have no regrets here because I know things happened for a reason.

Back