Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bad guys lose again

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A head shot? A trained marine? I think that might be excessive force, not reasonable force.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two kids robbing a Subway are nothing to be worried about.
    Not a big deal? I would like to see how big of a wet spot you would have left if you had been there.
    The guy that died had a rap sheet a mile long, robbery, assualt, possession, car theft etc. He was a bad guy, a professional criminal. Will he be missed? No!

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by seedjar View Post
    Two kids robbing a Subway are nothing to be worried about.
    Are we as a society getting so used to this sort of thing, that it's "nothing to be worried about". That attitude bothers me more than the two armed kids robbing the store.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it's like that ever present threat of terrorism. I guess you just get used to it and it becomes blasť after awhile. I mean, turn it on the news. I hear "murder murder murder rape armed robbery nuclear jihad politicians doing coke blah blah blah...." When that's all you hear everyday you get used to it. I guess we are just desensitized. And the scare tactics the media uses to get higher ratings contributes to the indifference most of us feel, I think.

For example, just the other day I saw a commercial.

"You won't BELIEVE what out action news team found in this supposedly organic bread from a local supplier! You won't want to miss this!!!!"

Of course, I didn't want to miss it because they said so. What could it be? Arsenic? Cyanide? I mean there's antifreeze in the toothpaste and plastic ingredients in the dog food. WHAT COULD BE IN THAT ORGANIC BREAD AND COULD IT KILL ME?

Well, I saw it. Guess what the amazing scandal was about? They were adding a preservative to the bread, the same preservative they add to ALL bread, and passing it off as organic. That was what the hype was about. This is what makes us desensitized.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we as a society getting so used to this sort of thing, that it's "nothing to be worried about".
    Very well put.
    The "nothing to be worried about" statement made me so mad I had to edit my post twice just to make it civil. As for not being comfortable about a 71 year old carrying a firearm...I believe the man proved his proficiency.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't feel bad for the guys. They took a gamble and unfortunately one lost his life.

He could have just as easily went to the subway the next day and asked for a job. He'd probably get turned down but at least he'd be alive today.

"mean was the man in any danger himself? OH MY GOD IM BEING FORCED INTO THE BATHROOM SO IM OUT OF THE WAY."

There have been plenty of instances where people have been moved somewhere else and beaten or even killed. I have no problem with the guy not wanting to take that chance.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those two punks had a choice. They could put numerous peoples lives in danger, including their own. Or they could do like almost every other American and get a job.

That old man had a choice too. He could Let these punks do what ever they wanted to him and the other people around them. Possibly killing innocent people.

Those two punks put him in that position and one of them died. It's their own fault, not he Marines. He only did what we trained him to do, protect himself and other Americans. I hope he can get a medal for what he did.

I drink to make others more interesting. bpullin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too many times you see punks get the loot and then shoot the people they are ripping off anyway. It's a shame he didn't get the second one too. Nobody has the right to threaten or take anyone's property, life or family. All three should be defended vigorously.

70% to 80% of all violent crimes are committed by repeat offenders. Draw your own conclusions.
    We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces
    Singing whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

1-20-13 = The End of an Error.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast