Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bad guys lose again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What unnerves me the most is that these two weren't already in jail. As someone previously said the one that was killed had a "mile long record". If he had done all these things he should have been sent to jail for a long time, maybe a few months the first few times but after repeated offenses he should have spent a good several years in jail, he was only 22 years old, he obviously hadn't spent more than a year in jail for multiple offenses. There should be more severe penalties for repeated lawbreakers... not just prohibition. A rehabilitation center may have saved a life lost and another one severely injured, and wouldn't have put the old man in the position of killing people.

You could feed many starving families for a long time with just $200, what were these guys going to spend it on? Crack and Cocaine?
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few months ago, a guy in CT came home from work and his wife told him she thought a neighbor had molested their pre-school age daughter. He grabbed his gun and went over to confront the neighbor and ended up killing him. The father caught some breaks from the court and was only charged with manslaughter or something and will only serve several years in prison instead of decades. If he didn't have a gun, he might have beat the guy and a similarly sympathetic court would have given him a short sentence or community service. Last I heard, there was no evidence the molestation ever happened and now his family's life is totally messed up because he had that gun.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds to me like that person had to business with a gun in the first place if he's so quick to kill.

Not all people who steal money are going to spend it on crack. Some really do spend it on their babies. Didn't someone mention someone stealing sheets or something? I mean, this is probably not the case but don't be so quick to say he was just going to buy crack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by herenorthere View Post
    A few months ago, a guy in CT came home from work and his wife told him she thought a neighbor had molested their pre-school age daughter. He grabbed his gun and went over to confront the neighbor and ended up killing him. The father caught some breaks from the court and was only charged with manslaughter or something and will only serve several years in prison instead of decades. If he didn't have a gun, he might have beat the guy and a similarly sympathetic court would have given him a short sentence or community service. Last I heard, there was no evidence the molestation ever happened and now his family's life is totally messed up because he had that gun.
    This is a lot different. The marine did it to protect himself and other people from obviously bad people, the man with the gun thinking his neighbor molested his daughter did it out of anger and spite. The man did not completely analyze the situation either, he did it to protect people and may have saved his life and a few others, if you had a gun and were being pushed into a bathroom and God knows what was going to happen next I think you would try to stop it from happening if you could. This man could. He had a gun. He pulled it out and shot them. Probably not purposely to kill them but that's what happened with one.

JLAP: I know, but, he had already been found with drugs on him in the past, plus, I don't think your baby needs a car that you just got via Grand Theft Auto.
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of people don't completely analyze every situation and adding a gun at that moment can make a situation even worse. The major difference between good guys and bad guys is that good guys are less inclined to hurt people. Which puts them at a distinct disadvantage when guns come out. A marine can safely pull out a gun because of being conditioned to use it against another person and to shoot to kill. I don't know if I would.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know if you could shoot to kill? I couldn't do it personally. I could shoot to maim if my life were in danger but I wouldn't shoot to kill.

I drink to make others more interesting. bpullin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is going to degenerate into all guns are bad deal, but think for a second: If they repeal the second amendment most law abiding people would eventually turn in their guns. But guess what? Criminals are not law abiding people. They will keep their guns. That would put them in the drivers seat and give them carte-blanch to do what they want. You and your family would be completely defenseless.

Another fallacy to deal with: The police are not here to prevent crime. They can't do it. And the ACLU won't let them do it. There are not enough of them to do so. They would have to be on every street corner to have any real effect. They are there to solve crimes after they have been committed. The only person who has any real chance of keeping yourself safe is you. Nobody can take advantage of you unless you let them. The average criminal is a coward and a bully. If you stand up to him and defend yourself, odds are they will back down and look for an easier mark.

Hey JLAP, I hope you are never put in that kind of situation. If you try to shoot someone in the arm or leg during a bad situation, odds are you are going to miss, and you will be critically wounded. The torso is the largest target, and the one you have the best chance to hit.
    We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces
    Singing whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

1-20-13 = The End of an Error.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This kind of relates to this story.

Great Answer from a Florida Sheriff

Florida's got it right. Bravo for Sheriff Judd!!!

As reported earlier this week, some dirtbag who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop in Florida ended up "executing" the deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at close range.. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed.

A statewide manhunt ensued. The low-life was found hiding in a wooded area with his gun. SWAT team officers fired and hit the guy 68 times.

Now here's the kicker: Naturally, the media asked why they shot him 68 times. Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd, told the Orlando Sentinel,

"That's all the bullets we had."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast