Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Small claims court....

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    "In some instances, you also may be able to sue in the location (court district) where a contract was signed or a personal injury occurred (such as an auto accident). Check with your small claims clerk for detailed rules."

Hmmm, so the agreement was in a way signed here since it was on the computer? lol

And I guess a follow up to my prior quote... what is a "no contact" and what is the possibility he has one with my state?

justlikeapill- exactly And I think the TV courts... take people from 2 different states... And maybe pay for travel/stay... I may have to go visit..... Judge Judy (I think she's in florida )
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear TV courts pay both parties for their appearances, so if you're not defending, you still get paid even if you lose.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2 cents since I used to work for a credit card company...

If you paid for this service using a credit card you can dispute the charge if the service was not performed. It's often an easier method for resolving these types of issues. The cc company will just move money around, sometimes regardless if right or wrong. 8)

-Nate.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    MrFlyTrap2- I paid using paypal, and they were able to "It's int he mail" me long enough that it was outside the disputable time frame.
    -Andrew

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to remember what a lawyer told me 20 years ago. Something like you can file a complaint at the Sheriffs local to the jerk and they can file with small claims court - something like that. Isn't your brother a cop? Ask him - he should know some judges or the court clerk or whatever.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yah, he's a cop for Oro Valley (a smaller town/city thing up north outside of Tucson) but as far as judges.. nah- he's not all in that yet... He's still fairly new, only a year or 2 on duty..
    -Andrew

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take them to Judge Judy! I would love to see Andrew on TV! What great publicity for your store.

Or, I think it's Eye for an Eye where the judge has a big baseball bat with the word "justice" carved into it. Depending on his verdict he lets you do unto them what they did onto you.

Good luck with this. I like the fact that you aren't in it for the money, but rather for what is "right." It's like Dana Carvey and he heart surgeries.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    xvart- baseball bat would be a GREAT idea!! I talked to this guy on the phone (and actually it's "this kid" i think he said he was 19 or 20 or something...) he just sounds like some stoned out kid. He was telling me to make some changes to the server VIA SSH telnet, then he decided he wanted to do it himself, but I wasn't comfortable letting him have the controls like that... So I told him to just keep telling me what he wanted done and I'll make the changes. .. The phone went silent and he told me "Ah screw it, i'm in." I asked him what he ment, and he told me he has an online "tool for customers like you" that gets SSH passwords. This was still Phils password at the time and wasn't too strong. And THAT made me VERY uncomfortable!

The thing I like about Judy, is how she rips into the "stupid" people. And I really do think that this kid would show his dumb side pretty dang quick. I mean, I have a screen shot of him saying "the check is in the mail.. expect it within this week" and then follow up support tickets asking where the check was with no reply (they were just deleted....). I would think with that, it's no contest.
    -Andrew

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast