What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

experiment...

CP_dude

future nursury owner...i hope
I'm sure you have all heard of how people got square watermelons...Well what if you did the same thing with a develpoing Nepenthes pitcher? Do you think you would get the same results? (lol...square pitchers :) )

several people have had pitcher form in weird places...therfore have strange shaped pitchers! id say give it a try! i only think it would work for the tubby/ squat pitchered neps like sibuyanensis.
Alex

I have some wacky lookin pitchers on an N.ventricosa- somehow the tendrils dug between the medium and the side of the pot, so they're almost perfectly flat, seemingly 2-dimensional, so I imagine a square one should work kinda- if you make one, take a pic!!

That sounds like a great idea. Give it a go and post some picks !

Alright...now i just gotta find something to make it square...

If your nep is big enough a small death cube?

not big enough....i was thinking i would take some cardboard and some ducktape ^_^

those small plastic death cubes is a real good idea. Yeah make it outta some cardboard n ducktape or could make a small wooden frame???

Last edited:
Yeah, or a candle holder- I imagine getting light on it would help out a bit at least, something opaque might slow it down a bit

what nep do you have just wondering?

a neat one would be having the pitcher going down a glass or plastic tube. perfectly round when done :D
Alex

tru...

Back