What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unexpected Absence

Joseph Clemens

Staff member
A multitude of circumstances have kept me away from my usual activities, such as interacting on this forum, other forums, as well as email. Partially it has been unexpected demands of my time, and even computer troubles. I am still not out of the woods with computer issues, but I am finally able to get in here for a short bit and post this message. If all goes well I should be back in business again within a week or so.

I hope you get your computer problems straightened out,I had the same problem about a month or so ago.

Jerry

I have been wondering where you have been.
Welcome Back!!
Lois

Hi Joseph! I am sorry to hear of your troubles. I was wondering where you had gone. Now if we can just round up Tony... :)

Hope everything smooths out for you.

Welcome back! And here's what the gypsicola has been doing for me:

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

Much thanks!

Okay, I'm finally back

Thanks for the sentiment. I believe I will be able to hang out more, as I have in the past, beginning now.<o></o>
<o>
</o> It will take me awhile to catch up. Following is briefly some of what has been keeping me otherwise occupied:<o></o>
<o></o>
1) Being caregiver for my paraplegic wife.<o></o>
2) Assisting her with a lawsuit against her former employer.<o></o>
3) Dealing with the settlement from said lawsuit.<o></o>
4) Tending my honeybee colonies.<o></o>
5) Tending my bamboo collection.<o></o>
6) Tending my CP collection.<o></o>
7) Dealing with the unusually higher level of heat here in <st1:city><st1>Tucson</st1></st1:city><st1:city></st1:city>, which has complicated most of the items listed above?<o></o>
8) Most critical has been that I had been using a laptop PC running Windows XP Home, while my wife had been using a desktop. She deserved a laptop too, so we invested in a second laptop PC. The new PC was preinstalled with Windows Vista Home Basic. Since she was familiar with XP, I backed up the PC with the intention to migrate to the new Vista PC, so she could use the laptop with XP installed (she is a non-tech minded person). I anticipated that I could adapt to using <st1>Vista</st1> more easily than she. I learned that I was mistaken in that assumption. The many programs and hardware devices I routinely used were outdated and would never play nice with <st1>Vista</st1>. This was not acceptable and prevented me from getting my email and surfing as I was accustomed to doing.<o></o>
<o></o>
Meanwhile the older PC, which she was now using, began to "crash" (lock up unexpectedly, though it was not thought to be serious, at that time). So we again switched laptops. She now has the new PC with <st1>Vista</st1>, and adapted to using it easily. Meanwhile I was back on my old laptop PC, but now without any of the software and files that I had previously installed (I removed them for my wife’s benefit), and kept having system crashes while attempting to restore the PC back to its former Joseph-friendly self, but without success. Turns out the hard drive was failing, in a non-catastrophic, but entirely annoying manner. Yesterday I finally replaced it and rebuilt the system to, again, suit me.

Many hurdles to overcome, it is good to have you back, Joseph.

Wow didnt know you had honey bees as well! How many hives do you have, this is my first season!

Man, you have a lot on your plate!

Wow didn't know you had honey bees as well! How many hives do you have, this is my first season!
Oh, yeah. I've been a beekeeper since I was 10 y.o. and fascinated by them for several years before that. Presently I have approximately 14 full size colonies and many more nucleus colonies I am using to raise queen's with.

Man, you have a lot on your plate!
It has been my normal way of life so long I would probably go crazy if I ever had too few irons in the fire. But, sometimes my attention is pulled too many different directions, at a time.

Nice to see ya back around bro. :)

Back