1 . How much water does it take to process a quarter pound of hamburger?
Approximately one gallon
2. How much water does it take to make four new tires?
3. What is the total amount of water used to manufacture a new car, including tires?
39,090 gallons per car
4. How many households use private wells for their water supply?
5. Water is the only substance found on earth naturally in the three forms.
True—solid, liquid, and gas
6. Does water regulate the earth's temperature?
Yes, it is a natural insulator
7. How long can a person live without food?
More than a month
7a. How long can a person live without water?
Approximately one week, depending upon conditions
8. How much water must a person consume per day to maintain health?
21/2 quarts from all sources, i.e.,water, food, etc.
9. How much water does a birch tree give off per day in evaporation?
10. How much water does an acre of corn give off per day in evaporation?
11. How many miles of pipeline and aque ducts are in the US and Canada?
Approximately one minion miles or enough to circle the earth 40 times
12. What were the first water pipes made from in the US?
Fire charred bored logs
13. How much water is used to flush a toilet?
14. How much water is used in the average five-minute shower?
15. How much water is used to brush your teeth?
16. How much water is used on the average for an automatic dishwasher?
17. On the average, how much water is used to hand wash dishes?
18. How many community public water supply systems are there in the United States?
19. How much water do these utilities process daily?
34 billion gallons
20. Of the nation's community water supplies, how many are investor owned?
32,500 (Ohio-American is part of American Water Works Company, Inc. - an investor-owned
21. How much water does the average residence use during a year?
22. How much does an individual use daily?
23. What does a person pay for water on a daily basis?
National average is 25 cents
24. How much of the earth's surface is water?
25. Of all the earth's water, how much is ocean or seas?
26. How much of the world's water is frozen and therefore unusable?
27. How much of the earth's water is suitable for drinking water?
28. Is it possible for me to drink water that was part of the dinosaur era?
29. If all community water systems had to be replaced, what would it cost?
In excess of $175 billion
30. What does it cost to operate the water systems throughout the country annually?
Otter $3.5 billion
31. How much does one gallon of water weigh?
32. How many gallons of water would it take to cover one square mile with one foot of water?
219 million gallons
33. How much water is in one cubic foot?
34. How many gallons of water do you get per acre, when it rains one inch?
27,000 gallons per acre
35. At what temperature does water freeze?
32 degrees F,0 degrees C
36. At what temperature does water vaporize?
212 degrees F,100 degrees C
37. How much of the human body is water?
38. How much of a chicken is water?
39. How much of a pineapple is water?
40. How much of a tomato is water?
41. How much of an elephant is water?
42. How much of an ear of corn is water?
43. How much water does it take to process one chicken?
44. How much water does it take to process one can of fruit or vegetables?
45. How much water does it take to process one barrel of beer?
46. How much water does it take to make one board foot of lumber?
47. How much water does it take to make one pound of plastic?
48. How much water does it take to make one pound of wool or cotton?
49. How much water does it take to refine one barrel of crude oil?
50. How much water does it take to produce one ton of steel?
51. How much water does it take to process one ton of cane sugar to make processed sugar?
52. How much water does it take to process one ton of beet sugar to make processed sugar?