What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital water purity testers

2 Digital water purity testers (test TDS) for $10:

http://www.woot.com

(I don't think I'm breaking any rules b/c this isn't plants...but maybe I'm wrong?)

Its a strange website with a strange sense of humor, but they're reputable (I've ordered from them before). If you don't order by midnight though, they won't be selling those testers anymore. They only sell 1 thing per day, and it changes at midnight every day.

interesting website. You can read up on what they're about....
BTW, just sold out! They started selling at midnight....
Did anyone buy? Would like to hear what they think of the product.

Peter.

Funny that should come up. I was going to make a topic to ask about a good (but NOT expensive) TDS meter. I would like to have one but not enough to shell out a lot of money on it. I know a lot of people here use them.

So if anyone has any recommendations, let me know. :)

I have no idea if the meter in the offer is any good but they seem to go for $15-20 normally - Google search the product name.

Whether or not this meter can be recalibrated is my question. If not, in the long run it might prove useless.

Woot's my home page. lol If the product isn't worth buying, at least the descriptions are funny enough to make it worthwhile.

This'll be my 4th purchase from them. There are things that I've bought from them that MONTHS later I still cannot find a better or even MATCHING price on.

I actually purchased the two pack of today's meters. I'll let y'all know how they work out.

Did anyone buy? Would like to hear what they think of the product.

Eh, but it comes with two, so even if they were to continually degrade you should be good for a quite a while. I was unable to find too much useful information on these specific ones, but worst case scenario it's only 14 bucks all things said and done.

Woot's my home page. lol If the product isn't worth buying, at least the descriptions are funny enough to make it worthwhile.

Eh, but it comes with two, so even if they were to continually degrade you should be good for a quite a while. I was unable to find too much useful information on these specific ones, but worst case scenario it's only 14 bucks all things said and done.

That was my feeling after thinking about it: Disposable TDS meters. I suppose you could test them in standard/calibration solution and note the error and compensate with good old addition/subtraction if no 'zero' function.

Too bad they don't have an RSS feed for Woot's site.

Too bad they don't have an RSS feed for Woot's site.

Actually, they do! :)

That was my feeling after thinking about it: Disposable TDS meters. I suppose you could test them in standard/calibration solution and note the error and compensate with good old addition/subtraction if no 'zero' function.

Yeah, I figure I'll assume the worst until I try them out. (then I'll know the worst) I was thinking the same thing about the standardization solution (though I'll probably just end up cheating for cheaper. :p )

Last edited:
Back